New Bully Mommy

AmandaPeterson

Feb 10, 2014
New Braunfels, Texas, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Eleanor Rigby aka. Ellie 4 years and Beaux who is 4months.
Hi Everyone!

I have spent a few hours here and researching the heck out of dog foods and supplements etc. Many trips to your food adviser and dog food adviser:( as well. I am adopting a 6mo English Bull dog puppy (Eleanor Rigby aka. Ellie) this weekend. She is currently on Pro Plan All Stages Chicken and Rice. I know I want to switch her from the Pro Plan and will do that after she has settled in and do it gradually over a months time. That being said, I would like a budget friendly grain free kibble for her I think, or everything is pointing me that way. I know Merrick is a good brand, and Canidae, Fromm, Taste of the Wild, Blue and Blue Buffalo. One breeder told me about Diamond brand. I did not see it on the rating list here. Has anyone tried and had any luck?

Also I did pick up some cottage cheese and plain yogurt as I read that she may like some goodies on her food. Has anyone had experience with that and if so how would I do that. Use one in the AM and the other in PM feeding?

I appreciate everyone's feedback and two cents. My parents showed and bred when I was a little kid, but a lot has changed since then and I want to make sure I set this little girl up to have a healthy long life.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
:welcome: to the site. There are a lot of quality grain free foods out there in a wide range of prices. You will just have to find the one that works best for your pup as well as your budget. For us we use Fromm's Grain Free and while it is expensive at $72 a bag for us we also only have to buy once every 3 months so in reality we are only spending about $24 a month on her food as it is more nutritious and she requires less per feeding compared to other lower quality food. Obviously you consumption will vary depending on how many pups you are feeding as well as the amount used per feeding.

As for yogurt... Love the stuff. Harlea gets Kefir in the morning and her favorite yogurt with sliced bananas at night for her bed time snack. It helps their digestive system and cuts down greatly on the horrible gas they can tend to have.

OP
A

AmandaPeterson

Feb 10, 2014
New Braunfels, Texas, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Eleanor Rigby aka. Ellie 4 years and Beaux who is 4months.
bully.JPGthank you for your replies. Here is her photo at 7 months.I dont have a current one but I will soon! Thank you so much for the feedback!!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Hi Amanda, Eleanor Rigby is a DOLL! now i have that song stuck in my head...

I use plain yogurt and cottage cheese as "toppers" for my bully's food. I also just give them the yogurt and some fruit as a dessert once in awhile.

WELCOME to EBN!

Enjnene

Sep 25, 2013
Ar
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastian
She's adorable ! Welcome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
What an adorable baby!! I give my pup frozen green beans to help with his teething and he LOVES them. Keeps him from getting "fat puppy syndrome" too. Enjoy your new baby!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello Amanda.... :welcome3: to EBN Ellie sure is a beauty,,,, wrinkle and brindle baby!

Todd -(marine91) gave you awesome info. We also feed Fromm and only buy a bag every other month

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Hi there! Glad you joined us!!! I learned so much from this forum and the amazing members! When we first brought Brutus home he was on diamond lamb rice I think or chicken and his poop was horrible, he smelled so bad! Once I found this site I learned it was a crappy dog food! They also have a ton of recalls. We feed Fromm and it's been awesome! No issues! What works for one Billie May not work for another! We are always here to help so just ask :) be sure to post pics for us when you can :2thumbs:

Jan 12, 2014
McAllen, TX
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
ACE (The Bathound)
Wow, she is a looker!! I was in the exact same boat as you. Ace came on proplan as well. After a full week of research, I went with Fromms puppy gold (pink bag). I was also looking into diamond and Kirkland (costco), which is madly diamond. ($47) After reading up on all te recalls, I decided it was not worth it. And like The previous poster stated, it may be expensive in one hit, but can last quite a bit! Quality food equals happy and healthy doggie :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online