Looking for some advice! New Bully owner!

RileyBauer

Feb 6, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Riley
Hello everyone! My name is Joe, and I recently added "Riley" to our family!

I was wondering what food I should transition her onto? Currently the breeder gave me "Nutri Source" I was thinking of switching to Blue Buffalo Puppy.. She is 10 weeks old!

Also, are there any treats that y'all may or may not recommend? Any help is greatly appreciated!!!!

Heres a picture of my baby on the way home!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    239 KB · Views: 146

HTX Bully

Aug 6, 2013
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Holly
:welcome: Riley is a cutie! Poke around this section of the message board and you will find endless discussions about food! Plenty of quality food out there. Grain free is the way to go. We currently feed our bully Fromms Pork and Peas. Good luck :)

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
:welcome: to the site. Food is going to be some trial and error to find what is best for your baby. Many members have had great success using the Fromm's 4 Star Grain free line of foods myself included, but there are other great foods out there as well. As for treats try to stay as healthy as you can buy using fruits and frozen veggies to plain yogurt and kefir. As always we want to stay away from rawhides and such for our babies as they are choking hazards so toys wise stick to things for powerful chewers like Kong and Nylabone products.

mavsfan4life

Bullshiht-zu
May 10, 2013
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mayhem
:smileywelcome: to EBN! Riley is adorable :luv: I would highly recommend Fromm Puppy in the pink bag, but there are some other great foods out there. Make sure and check out our Dog Food Ratings Page for a listing of foods by star rating and details on how to read dog food labels. Remember to transition slowly as to not upset Riley's sensitive tummy. As mentioned above, frozen veggies make great treats, as well as peanut butter stuffed Kongs.

Can't wait to see more pics of Riley!!

luvmybully

May 19, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tucker
Oh my ador a bull!! You got really good advice above, when it's time for training I make my own turkey meatballs for " special treats" oats, gr turkey, cheese, sw pota,EVOO, flax seed, pop in the oven for 35 min at 350..good for going poo outside treat!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
R

RileyBauer

Feb 6, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Riley
Thanks everyone! My dog is on Chicken Nutri Source, she's doing well and doesn't seem to have allergies (fingers crossed) do you think I should slowly switch onto BB Wilderness?

OP
R

RileyBauer

Feb 6, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Riley
@mavsfan yes this is the Blue Puppy Wilderness

mavsfan4life

Bullshiht-zu
May 10, 2013
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mayhem
@mavsfan yes this is the Blue Puppy Wilderness

If you are currently feeding the Nutri Source Chicken & Rice Puppy (this is the only Nutri Source puppy chicken I could locate) , which is only a 3 Star Food, I would probably switch. Blue Wilderness is a 6 Star Food. I myself have no experience with with Blue, but many members seem to have had good luck with it. If you do decide to switch, remember to do a slow transition to the new food.

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
I had great results feeding my Ruckus Fromm Puppy Gold in the pink bag. Once I transitioned him to adult food, I started with the From Adult Gold and at first he ate it fine, but started getting picky. I switched him to Fromm Beef Frittata and he loves it. That being said, all bullies are different. For treats I'm a big fan of the Wellness pure rewards grain free jerky. When Ruckus was a small puppy some of the crunchier treats were too much for him to handle. One thing I did that I highly recommend is I reserved one type of his favorite treats just for using as a reward for going potty outisde and that worked wonders -- he was house trained at quite an early age.

KishiD

Feb 8, 2014
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocky
Hello,

My pup Rocky is 10 weeks old too. When I got him he had terrible diarrhoea and I think it was because of the food he had been given.

My vet suggested Royal Canin Bulldog Jnr food which is specifically designed for the breed. Rocky is thriving on it and his diarrhoea is a thing of the past after only a few days! I'm not sure if this feed is only available in the UK though. Its pricey but well worth it!

K & R

OP
R

RileyBauer

Feb 6, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Riley
Thank you everyone! Coming to this forum is a big help! I'm going to switch to Puppy Wilderness and see how it goes! I'm currently feeding Riley 1 and a half cups a day of Nutri Source, however should I cut down some food? How much of the new food should go with the old food? @mavsfan

mavsfan4life

Bullshiht-zu
May 10, 2013
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mayhem
Thank you everyone! Coming to this forum is a big help! I'm going to switch to Puppy Wilderness and see how it goes! I'm currently feeding Riley 1 and a half cups a day of Nutri Source, however should I cut down some food? How much of the new food should go with the old food? @mavsfan

You should begin your transition slowly. For 3-5 days, give Riley 75% old to 25% new, for the next 3-5 days 50/50, then 25% old to 75% new. If the poo becomes too much like "soft serve" back off a bit of the new food until it firms up. Puppy tummies are very sensitive. You will probably want to increase the total food intake once you complete the transition. Most puppies will eat 2-3 cups, divided into 3 times a day feedings. Again, if the poo becomes too soft, then you should reduce the intake until it is firm.

christine3381

Dec 27, 2013
Our pup loves zukes treats, and they are bite size and perfect for training!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online