Help Needed! Food for weight loss- mantience

erbelady

Feb 6, 2014
Hi all!
I have a 4 year old named Wilbur. He needs to lose a few pounds and then maintain. I need suggestions on a good food for him. He does have a sensitive tummy (don't they all!) any help would be great. Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
:welcome3:Hi, and welcome to you and Wilbur. Which food are you currently feeding Wilbur?, and how much are you feeding him per day? If you feed him a higher quality food, you don't have to feed as much, as it's more nutritious and nutrient dense, so it is better digested and absorbed. You want to choose a food that is rated a 4 Star or better, such as Fromms, Wellness, Orijen, Blue Buffalo, you can go to the Home page and click on the Dog Food Ratings Forum, and see what other 4 Star and better foods are listed. I have two EB, and my female Blossom has allergies to chicken, salmon, corn, and grains. She also has a sensitive stomach and sensitive skin. We feed our two guys Fromms Beef Frittata and they have even on this food for 16 months and are both doing really well on it. We feed our guys 1 cup in the morning, and 1 cup in the evening.
If Wilbur is still hungry, you can put extras or toppers on his food like green beans, cooked carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, kidney beans, plain unsweetened yogurt, strawberries, banana, and blueberries. These things are natural and low calorie foods that will fill him up without causing him to gain weight.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.