I'm feeding my 8 month old nvi raw boost all stages is that ok?

Jassimoo

Feb 6, 2014
Colorado
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Stanlee
My breeder had my lil guy on purina pro plan (I was not a fan) I tried to get my lil guy on fromm but he was not having it. He is currently on nvi raw boost and he LOVES it. It says it's for all stages but I wanted to make sure it's ok for him,I give him a multi vitamin everyday and he seems fine but I'm a first time momma and wanna be positive! I also put a table spoon of the nvi wet food in his dry food and also wanted to know if switching wet food cans was ok or had to be introduced slowly like dry food (I was thinking of mixing it up with merricks canned food) thanks!!!

Jan 12, 2014
McAllen, TX
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
ACE (The Bathound)
It's a great food seeing the ingredient list. Are his stools good? Not soft serve like? I'm no pro, but others will chime in soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Jassimoo

Jassimoo

Feb 6, 2014
Colorado
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Stanlee
His stool is kinda soft but he is still in the middle of his switch. I was gonna switch him ASAP but the poor baby had demodectic mange so I didn't want to have him go through more than he already had to.

Jan 12, 2014
McAllen, TX
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
ACE (The Bathound)
That's normal in transition, as long as it's not watery or soft serve. If so, decrease the amount of new food. As much as I wanted mine on his new food right away, I took 3 weeks to transition him slowly from pro plan to Fromms puppy gold. It went great. Take it slow, cause if you go too fast, it can upset his stomach and you'll be battling the soft poo issues. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
8 months is fine for an all stage food, and NVI is a great brand. Lola eats NVI raw patties :) It will just take a few weeks to transition, and in general, a good food needs to be in less quantity. So if you still see soft poo, you can decrease the total volume fed per day by 1/4 cup until its nice and hard. hah. sorry its a little early to be talking 'nice and hard' woops. :)

OP
Jassimoo

Jassimoo

Feb 6, 2014
Colorado
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Stanlee
Thank you April! It's crazy how owning a lil bully changes your whole life,this guy is all I think about and just want him to be happy and healthy ��

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.