Help Needed! stray bully

clinton54

Jan 30, 2014
Piedmont, ok
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
abby
I have recently adopted a 2 yr old stray bully. When she was found she was in terrible shape. Looks like a puppy mill reject. She was unspayed, half of hair gone from here head and neck and worms. The vet has done wonders and finally got to take her home. I currently feed my other dogs diamond natural lamb and rice. I have read a lot that bullys have sensative allergies. I was looking for suggestions on a dry kibble to start her on. Only had her one day and she was playing and starting to act like a bully again. Thanks for the info.

freebeans

May 1, 2013
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
duke
I started with Bull Buffalo grain free, and had good success with it. However Dukes eye had tears stains that were not doing well. I switched to Fromm's Pork and Peas and he is doing well. They have a good reputation. Good luck.

Samantha Orts

Jul 12, 2013
TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
June
Round of applause to you for saving that sweet girl! I feed my bully Fromm grain-free Surf and Turf flavor. She also likes the Beef Frittata flavor :) Good luck!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Hi @clinton54, and welcome to EBN! Thank you for adopting your Abby. That's just wonderful that you are giving her a loving and healthy home she so deserves. You will have to find the food that works for Abby the best but just from personal experience, I've had my boys on Nature's Variety Instinct and Fromm, both very highly rated foods. Currently I homecook for them b/c one of my boys has issues with tear stains and very bad gas when he's been on kibble. Check out our dog food ratings article.

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/showthread.php?5483-Dog-Food-Ratings&highlight=food+ratings

Last edited:

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, and welcome. To EBN. Thank you so much for saving Abby and giving her a loving home. We also feed our two guys Fromm's Beef Frittata, my female has allergies to chicken, salmon, corn and grains. They both do really well with the Fromm's Beef. You can read the dog food ratings on the home page, you want to choose a 4 Star rated food or better. Good luck, sometimes it can be difficult and frustrating to find a food that they tolerate. It's sometimes just trial and error.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:hiya: :welcome3: to EBN!!

thank you so much for giving Abby a great new life... so wonderful. looking forward to pictures and seeing your new family member!

Jan 12, 2014
McAllen, TX
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
ACE (The Bathound)
Great to hear on the adoption! My Ace is doing great on Fromms puppy gold (pink bag). I'm in the final week of transition from proplan to Fromms. Coat is silky smooth. I also supplement with 1/2 pump of grizzly salmon oil 1 x per day, as well as 1 wafer of Nuvet plus supplement 1 x per day. No gas, nice coat and minimal shedding and no doggy smell :). I brush him daily with a slick brush. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online