Thread: Food

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dozer
    Likes (Received)

Default Food

Does anyone know anything about Zignature LID Lamb dry kibble? Good or bad? Just switched my Dozer to it from NV LID Lamb bc he couldn't poop due to the clay thats in it. He cannot have potatoes due to yeast issues and has to be grain free. Any help would be great! He always smells witch I believe is the yeast. Thanks, Rob and Dozer -dsc_0063-jpg
    Last edited by bullmama; 01-29-2014 at 09:28 AM.

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Food

Hi sorry I am not familiar with this food. We feed our two guys Fromms Beef Fritatta, which is a grain free dog food. Our female Blossom has allergies to chicken, salmon, corn and grains.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Bulldog Vet in Training anatess's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bullie & Angus
    Likes (Received)

I looked up the ingredients in their website and the only concern I have is that it has pea protein listed as the 5th ingredient. This tells me that they boosted the protein content. Peas and pea flour are already high protein. And with that, the total protein percentage listed is only 28%. So, it kinda makes me wonder how much protein is coming from the Turkey.

Please note that protein from plants is not readily bio-available to dogs, therefore, a good amount of that protein from the plant is going to end up as waste. So 28% protein becomes misleading as it relates to the actual protein volume that benefitted the dog.

Other than that, the food looks good.

I got Bullied and loving it!
    Bella "Bullie" Rose, adopted on July 24, 2011

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I agree with @anatess, looks like a great food, but has a lot of peas (in three listed ingredients). Peas however can be a great alternative, especially for bullies with allergies. This is one of those foods I bet that can really help for those with potato allergies but hinder those with pea allergies. It's certainly worth trying, please let us know how it works for you!

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Remove Ads