Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Nutrisca is a 5-star food containing no potatoes, sweet potatoes and is grain free.
Chicken, Salmon or Lamb with Chickpeas or Peas. Good luck, let us know what you
try and what works so as to help others. It takes up to a month for old food to clear
from system so give new food 2 months before deciding it's not working.

OP
Gigi Girl

Gigi Girl

Oct 23, 2013
Rhode Island
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gia
Thanks [MENTION=5315]Texas Carol[/MENTION]. I will look into it!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
:gimmefood:Hi Melissa, I feel your pain, as I also have a female bully named Blossom, who is allergic to chicken, salmon, corn and grains. We had to switch foods 4 times before we found one that both my guys tolerated. We switched them to Fromm's Beef, about 16 months ago, and they have been doing well on this food. It can be a frustrating process finding a food that is both nutritional and that they tolerate, and it really is trial and error until you find the right one. You have already been given some great advice and suggestions. I hope you find a food that Works for Gigi. Good luck. The only other thing I can add or suggest, is you could try home cooking for your girl, then you can limit the ingredients and you know exactly what's in it. It's not that difficult to do, and you can make a whole weeks batch in less than an hour, so can be made on one day, and either stored in the refrigerator for a couple of days, or in the freezer.

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
This thread caught my eye because we recently switched our boy's food from Blue Wilderness (due to tear stains and inconsistent poop) to Pioneer and the second and fourth ingredients are yams and sweet potato...I haven't noticed any allergy side effects so far but hard to tell from previous food reaction. I am definitely on the look out... Our baby is mostly white so I am always checking him for "pinker" skin, chin, wrinkle ect... Didn't know that this ingredient could also cause a reaction, but I guess anything could considering how sensitive their digestive system is. Good to know. Have you looked into Stella and Chewy's? It's hard to find a dog food w/out potato or sweet potato/yams...I think the freeze dried/frozen venison is free of all potato products... good luck!

OP
Gigi Girl

Gigi Girl

Oct 23, 2013
Rhode Island
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gia
I went to the store and got the Nutrisca...Gia had her first dinner with it...she didn't act like she loved it...but we will see how she does!! Thanks [MENTION=5315]Texas Carol[/MENTION]!

OP
Gigi Girl

Gigi Girl

Oct 23, 2013
Rhode Island
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gia
[MENTION=10681]Laurie[/MENTION] sweet potatoes dont seem to be a common allergy so hopefully your baby will be fine! :-)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I went to the store and got the Nutrisca...Gia had her first dinner with it...she didn't act like she loved it...but we will see how she does!! Thanks @Texas Carol!

Be be sure to keep us posted.... Good luck

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
I went to the store and got the Nutrisca...Gia had her first dinner with it...she didn't act like she loved it...but we will see how she does!! Thanks @Texas Carol!

Wonderful to hear and very hopeful this kibble will solve her issues for good.

Which protein did you chose to try (and Why) as this will help others here.

I find for my picky bullies, adding about 1/3 to 1/2 cup water & warming 30
secs in microwave helps stimulate appetite & the added water not only makes
tasty gravy, it helps w/extra hydration. If this isn't enough to tempt her, add
Coconut Oil as a topper, it comes as a solid and just plop about 1/2 tsp right on
top of kibble, no allergies or side effects. After a couple weeks, add 1 tsp to each
meal, if looser stools, cut back and build up slower until you're giving about 1 TBS
each meal. Either Walgreen, CVS or online, buy organic, cold pressed & virgin.
It will strengthen immune system and is an anti viral, anti bacterial & anti microbic.
It also aids in burning calories so helps w/weight loss~great stuff! Her skin & coat
will look fantastic!

Let us know how she does!...GOD bless!!

OP
Gigi Girl

Gigi Girl

Oct 23, 2013
Rhode Island
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gia
I chose the chicken...only because she was always ok with chicken until she was about a year old. And now that I know sweet potatoes is a definite issue I would like to see if I can get a definitive answer on chicken as well. I tried to stay away from the lamb because it gives her gas. If the chicken doesnt work I will try the salmon. Wow thanks for all the advice!

Members online

No members online now.