Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
This was posted to FB, and I thought is share it with you, as many of us give our bullies fruits as treats or extras.

13 Fruits For Dogs And Their Benefits

People love fruit and we know bananas and strawberries are great for us, but did you know they are good for your dogs as well?

Take a look at this list of 13 fruits for dogs and their benefits:

Apples: Rich in potassium, fiber, phytonutrients, flavonoids, vitamin C. Note: Do not give dogs the core or the seeds, which contain arsenic.

Bananas: Full of potassium and carbohydrates.

Blueberries: Loaded with antioxidants, selenium, zinc and iron. High in vitamins C, E, A and B complex.

Blackberries: Abundant in antioxidants, polyphenols, tannin, fiber, manganese, folate, omega-3. High in vitamins C, K, A and E.

Raspberries: High in dietary fiber, antioxidants, potassium, manganese, copper, iron, magnesium. Also source of vitamin C, K and B-complex.

Cranberries: Rich in vitamin C, fiber and manganese. Helps deal with urinary tract infections, as well as balances acid-base in dog’s body.

Strawberries: Full of fiber, potassium, magnesium, iodine, folic acid, omega-3 fats, vitamins C, K, B1 and B6.

Kiwis: Loaded with fiber, potassium and high in vitamin C.

Pears: Loaded in fiber, folic acid, niacin, phosphorus, potassium, copper, pectin and vitamins A, C, E, B1 and B2.

Watermelon: Abundant with vitamins C and A, potassium, magnesium and water. Do not feed your dog the seeds or rind.

Cantaloupe: Rich in vitamins A, B complex, C, plus fiber, beta-carotene, potassium, magnesium, thiamine, niacin, pantothenic acid and folic acid.

Oranges: Full of fiber, potassium, calcium, folic acid, iron, flavonoids, phytonutrients, vitamins A, C, B1 and B6. Do no feed your dog any part of the orange tree.

Pumpkin: Loaded with fiber, beta-carotene, alpha-carotene, zinc, iron, potassium and Vitamin A. Note: Even though you can feed your dog pumpkin seeds, most recommend feeding them to dogs unsalted, roasted and then grounded. Do not feed your dog any other part of the pumpkin due to the small, sharp hairs on the pumpkin stem and leaves.
Source: dogchannel.com

HTX Bully

Aug 6, 2013
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Holly
Thanks for the post, this thread should be a sticky.

Holly gets pineapple from time to time and she loves it!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you Monica! I didn't know you could give them cranberries!!

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
Man, now I'm crushed. I've been insisting to my mother since I was a kid that pumpkin is a vegetable. "Anatess... eat your veggies!!!" and I'm like, "I'm eating my pumpkin!!!" and my mom would go, "that's not a vegetable!", and I would go, "It is too!"...

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:up:

I think I see a 'sticky thread' [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] ?

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Great info. thank you!!

I only question the Oranges as they're acidic. How much can we give them?

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.