Thread: 6 Month Old Puppy...Blue Buffalo Wilderness to Fromm's?

Real Name
    Bryan Patrick
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella
    Likes (Received)

Default 6 Month Old Puppy...Blue Buffalo Wilderness to Fromm's?

I am currently dealing with a near 6 month pup, Bella. I have transitioned Bella over from Pedigree Puppy Mix to Blue Buffalo Wildernessness Puppy mix in the last few weeks. I am currently getting low on Blue Buffalo, and will have to pick up a small bag tomorrow. However, I am aware that in a month or so she will be ready for a non puppy mix of food and I am considering switching her over onto Fromm's. I am aware of PetFlow offering this brand, as stores around my area (northwest Indiana) do not. I plan on ordering a bag via pet flow to feed her in about a month and was wondering what type and flavor of Fromm's is recommended for a 7 month old Bully?

I have cut down the Blue Buffalo Wilderness to 1 cup to 3/4's cup in the morning and evening, as I have been noticing tears develop after feedings. I believe Bella is doing okay on the Blue Wilderness it's just she may be getting more than her fill on protien and calcium at the moment. I will continue to feed her 3/4's in the morning and in the evening for another month or so of Blue Wilderness, but would like to get the Fromm's ordered and ready for the near future.

If anyone has any helpful, hints, flavors of Fromm's, transitioning tips, and portion control on a 6 month old bulldog, please let me know! I am first time bulldog and first time dog owner trying to do what's best for my new friend, Bella, and would appreciate anyone's input on my current situations!

Thanks in advance,

Bryan
    Follow myself and Bella's tweets on Twitter & Instagram!!! Twitter: @bryanespo89 Instagram: THEAMAZINGBRYAN

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: 6 Month Old Puppy...Blue Buffalo Wilderness to Fromm's?

We currently feed Pork and Peas, but have used Beef Frittata and game bird all with great results. i stay with the Pork and Peas because there is no chicken, grains or white potato
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

The Ultimate Sourmug nycbullymama's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

I transitioned Blue at 6 months as well. I started out with Beef Frittata but he hated it, so went to Pork and Peas. He loved that one but is allergic to pork so now he's eating the Salmon Tunalini.

We started cutting him down from 3 cups at that time as well. He's now 13 months and on 2 cups of food total per day.

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

I am sorry I can not give you advice on Fromm's, as I am feeding Taste of the Wild,which is grain free. I know that if you order Petflow, through this site, it will halp the bullies. Most people I have seen on here use the Pork and Peas, or beef it seems. You will need to switch over very gradually to the new food, as a quick change could cause runny stools. Mix a little at a time, each day of new with other, and slowly increase the new -taking about 3 weeks to switch completely. I am sure someone with more knowledge of Fromm's will answer also.
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

Real Name
    Samantha
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    June
    Likes (Received)

We switched June to the all-stages at about 5 months. She's had Beef Frittata and Surf and Turf. The pet store also gave us samples of Game Bird and Salmon Tunalini which she liked too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Real Name
    Lucy
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Kimo and Ollie (brothers, 1 yr apart)
    Likes (Received)

Do you think Fromm has changed something in their Pork & Peas formula? I noticed Kimo on this bag in particular, is pooping more...like 3-5 times a day!!! And the Lab too, so it is not something else he ate...I watch him like a hawk, so I know he does not get into anything else. Kimo is a year old, on approx 2 cups a day. Stool is firm and normal. What do you think? Should I try another flavor like Surf and turf or another flavor? He also looks thinner since he is pooping more, but if I feed him more, he'll poop more! OMG!
    Lucy - Kimo & Ollie's mama
    Kimo born 11/22/12, Ollie born 1/7/14

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Sheena
    Country
    United states
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Daisy
    Likes (Received)

Hey @Bryan4Bella7 I know this is an older post. But we feed Daisy Earthborn holistic and it works really well for her! Oh and we are in Northwest Indiana too

Remove Ads