6 Month Old Puppy...Blue Buffalo Wilderness to Fromm's?

Bryan4Bella7

Dec 26, 2013
Indiana
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
I am currently dealing with a near 6 month pup, Bella. I have transitioned Bella over from Pedigree Puppy Mix to Blue Buffalo Wildernessness Puppy mix in the last few weeks. I am currently getting low on Blue Buffalo, and will have to pick up a small bag tomorrow. However, I am aware that in a month or so she will be ready for a non puppy mix of food and I am considering switching her over onto Fromm's. I am aware of PetFlow offering this brand, as stores around my area (northwest Indiana) do not. I plan on ordering a bag via pet flow to feed her in about a month and was wondering what type and flavor of Fromm's is recommended for a 7 month old Bully?

I have cut down the Blue Buffalo Wilderness to 1 cup to 3/4's cup in the morning and evening, as I have been noticing tears develop after feedings. I believe Bella is doing okay on the Blue Wilderness it's just she may be getting more than her fill on protien and calcium at the moment. I will continue to feed her 3/4's in the morning and in the evening for another month or so of Blue Wilderness, but would like to get the Fromm's ordered and ready for the near future.

If anyone has any helpful, hints, flavors of Fromm's, transitioning tips, and portion control on a 6 month old bulldog, please let me know! I am first time bulldog and first time dog owner trying to do what's best for my new friend, Bella, and would appreciate anyone's input on my current situations!

Thanks in advance,
:)
Bryan

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
We currently feed Pork and Peas, but have used Beef Frittata and game bird all with great results. i stay with the Pork and Peas because there is no chicken, grains or white potato

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
I transitioned Blue at 6 months as well. I started out with Beef Frittata but he hated it, so went to Pork and Peas. He loved that one but is allergic to pork so now he's eating the Salmon Tunalini.

We started cutting him down from 3 cups at that time as well. He's now 13 months and on 2 cups of food total per day.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I am sorry I can not give you advice on Fromm's, as I am feeding Taste of the Wild,which is grain free. I know that if you order Petflow, through this site, it will halp the bullies. Most people I have seen on here use the Pork and Peas, or beef it seems. You will need to switch over very gradually to the new food, as a quick change could cause runny stools. Mix a little at a time, each day of new with other, and slowly increase the new -taking about 3 weeks to switch completely. I am sure someone with more knowledge of Fromm's will answer also.

Samantha Orts

Jul 12, 2013
TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
June
We switched June to the all-stages at about 5 months. She's had Beef Frittata and Surf and Turf. The pet store also gave us samples of Game Bird and Salmon Tunalini which she liked too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kimo boyz mama

Mar 3, 2013
Los Gatos, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Kimo and Ollie (brothers, 1 yr apart)
Do you think Fromm has changed something in their Pork & Peas formula? I noticed Kimo on this bag in particular, is pooping more...like 3-5 times a day!!! And the Lab too, so it is not something else he ate...I watch him like a hawk, so I know he does not get into anything else. Kimo is a year old, on approx 2 cups a day. Stool is firm and normal. What do you think? Should I try another flavor like Surf and turf or another flavor? He also looks thinner since he is pooping more, but if I feed him more, he'll poop more! OMG!

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
Hey [MENTION=10634]Bryan4Bella7[/MENTION] I know this is an older post. But we feed Daisy Earthborn holistic and it works really well for her! Oh and we are in Northwest Indiana too :)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.