fish oil supplement and joint supplement questions....

Frankie4298

Jan 25, 2014
Windsor Ontario Canada
Country
canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Frankie
been reading a lot on here about these 2 items. Im looking for a good "oil" supplement for Frankie to keep his skin and coat healthy , im also looking for a joint supplement for him because he seems to have a little bit of stiffness when he sleeps and tries to get up. almost like his rear legs fell asleep. Are there any oils and joint supplements I can buy other than the expensive pet store ones? my local Costco has salmon oil capsules that I could break and pour onto his food. They also have glucosamine/chondroitin capsules. also whats they recommended dosage for our bullies?? sorry for all the questions :facepalm:

Jan 12, 2014
McAllen, TX
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
ACE (The Bathound)
Try Grizzly salmon oil. I ordered it from petflow.com. I read tons of great reviews on it. It comes in several sizes, price range varies depending in size. All you need a squirt (pump) per day. Comes in a convenient pump bottle. Although, after reading your other post on his bland diet, I wouldn't add any supplementation just yet. When is good on his food, try the salmon oil. You can also run a site search on coconut oil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I use the Target store brand for both fish oil and G/C tablets.... works just fine for my girl

OP
Frankie4298

Frankie4298

Jan 25, 2014
Windsor Ontario Canada
Country
canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Frankie
I figured the Costco brands would be fine just not sure about dosage. I think the glucosamine/chondroitin capsules were 750MG if im not mistaken? would that be too large of a dose? or maybe every other day?

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
A supplement that I use, which is for dogs, has 500 mg of Glucosamine. I have seen a couple that had 1000-but it seems the 500 is average. If he has hip/joint problems you'd probably want higher such as 750.

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
Chum had limping issues when he was about a year..someone recommended phycox chews and I bought them on amazon. He's been fine ever since (except for a recent fall off he bed)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.