Food recipes

CMPsquared

Jan 24, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Isabelle
Hey, everyone! First post. New bully owners. We are interested in making our bby Izzy home food. Anyone have any good recipes? TIA!!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, have you tried going on the Food and Nutrition Forum? There are a lot of recipes on that forum, plus you can ask Cowsmom, she does home cooking for her bullies, as well as I'm sure other members with experience with home cooking will come along soon to help you. Another good source is the Internet, you can find lots of good recipes online. I home cook some of the time, I try to do it for a week out of every month, but I feed them Fromms Beef Frittata the rest of the month. I use 4 or 5 lbs of ground sirloin which I brown in a wok or deep skillet with water, no oil, and a little bit of beef broth, I add one whole bag of frozen California mixed vegetables, with cauliflower, broccoli, and carrots. You want to stay away from corn. Then I add a can of kidney beans, and green beans, I cook 2 cups of rice, and I add this to the meat and veggie mixture. I divide the mixture into 1 cup servings, and usually get 12 cups, which gives me 6 meals for my two guys. You would get 12 meals. I'm no expert on dog nutrition, so I don't know which supplements and vitamins need to be added when you are only feeding home cooked meals. I don't worry about it because I feed them a good quality kibble the rest of the time, so they do get their vitamins from the kibble.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION]. Home cooks for her two sweet beautiful boys! :)

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I sure do!

My recipe is very similar to Monica's above. I start off with steamed rice as my base. I will usually cook 5 cups of this at a time. Then I add a protein; this will vary but my standards are ground beef, ground pork, ground chicken, or a combo of those. Sometimes I will cut up pork or lamb meat. It's really what I find on sale and I like to switch things around to avoid boredom both for me cooking the food, and for my two bullies :) Then I will add some canned beans--I use black beans, or red kidney, or garbanzo beans or navy beans. Then I add frozen green beans which I will sometimes sauté in coconut oil but most often I just dump it right from the freezer into the mix. On occasion, as a special treat, I will add some beef or chicken livers. Sometimes I will also add a fried or hardboiled egg to their prepared bowl of food and maybe some grated cheese.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.