OP
L

Louiethebulldog

Dec 23, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Louie
if ive had my bully on fromms puppy food (pink bag) for a month can i just start feeding him the fromms beef all together? or should i slowly transition him to it?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
if ive had my bully on fromms puppy food (pink bag) for a month can i just start feeding him the fromms beef all together? or should i slowly transition him to it?

Slow transition, or do bland diet a couple of days first, then go straight to beef frittata , that was going to be my next suggestion anyway. Please keep us posted!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MyStellaBully

Aug 20, 2013
Geneva, Illinois
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella
Stella had the same issues on fromm puppy. Loose stools and multiple times per day. Once we switched her over to pork and peas her stools formed up. We also are using beef frittata. We give her 1 cup in the am and 1cup in the pm. I think it's the chicken in the fromm puppy that doesn't agree with bully's. Her gas was horrible on the puppy as well, which stopped once she was off puppy food.

OP
L

Louiethebulldog

Dec 23, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Louie
im starting to feed the baby beef frittata today. just fed him 2/4 cup of the puppy and 1/4 cup of the beef. going to do a slow transition see how it goes. hopefully the beef one works. really want to stick with fromms brand but if this doesnt work i just dont know where to go anymore. thank you everyone for all the help ill keep everyone updated :thumb3:. IMG_0996.jpg

OP
L

Louiethebulldog

Dec 23, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Louie
he just went poop right now and oh man it was bad. maybe i should just get off the puppy formula all together. :(

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
he just went poop right now and oh man it was bad. maybe i should just get off the puppy formula all together. :(

I think that Lisa is right go the bland diet for 2 to 3 days and then start with the Beef Fritata. I hope he gets better, he really is a handsome boy.

OP
L

Louiethebulldog

Dec 23, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Louie
well gonna try to go back to royal canin to get him stable i guess. maybe a slower transition to fromms will happen later on down the road. read up on the bland diet how much should i feed him and how often?

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
well gonna try to go back to royal canin to get him stable i guess. maybe a slower transition to fromms will happen later on down the road. read up on the bland diet how much should i feed him and how often?

3/4 cup of the mixture twice a day. We've always done the rice and boiled hamburger and its never failed.

OP
L

Louiethebulldog

Dec 23, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Louie
ended up switching louie to the beef fromms with a LITTLE mixture of the puppy and his last 2 poops were 1000% better. This morning he just took a big solid one which i haven't seen in weeks! thank god!! appreciate all the help everyone

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
ended up switching louie to the beef fromms with a LITTLE mixture of the puppy and his last 2 poops were 1000% better. This morning he just took a big solid one which i haven't seen in weeks! thank god!! appreciate all the help everyone

Did you ever think you'd be this excited about :poo:

OP
L

Louiethebulldog

Dec 23, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Louie
Louie's stools Are much better now that's he's been off the puppy formula and on fromms beef frittata. Now another dilemma just came up. As of 15 minutes ago Louie woke me up from the sound of him trying to regurgitate something. He ended up throwing up yellow bile. This has never happened before and not too sure why it happened. I feed Louie at around 9am every morning and again around 6 pm. 1 cup each time. Could anyone explain to me why this happened? He has a vet appointment on Friday :( :( I'm so worried I haven't been able to fall back asleep

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
Great news on getting him stable.
You must be super stressed out. Him throwing up could be 100 reasons. Just monitor him and hope it was a one off.
Hopefully the vet will confirm that tomorrow.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.