General Question Feeding twice per day 11 wks old

Jan 12, 2014
McAllen, TX
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
ACE (The Bathound)
Another simple question here. The breeder was feeding Ace twice per day, 1.5 cups each meal. My order of Fromm's Puppy Gold just arrived. I threw in about 10 kibbles with his dinner. He liked it. I'm going to start a 2-3 week transition to prevent any discomfort and loose stool. I've read that puppies need to be eating about 3 times per day. Is it ok if I leave him on twice per day or should I switch to 3 x per day? At his age and lbs, Fromm's website suggests 2-3 cups. Thanks for any tips.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Every bully is different. My Harlea only gets 1 cup twice a day and it has been that way since shortly affer we brought her home. Poo will tell you a lot and in our situation any more that 2 cups a day was causing her to have explosive poo. So you just have to do a little trial and error to find what is best whether it is 2 or 3 meals a day. If the poo gets runny just cut back on the amount a bit until the poo is firm but not rock solid.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi you are already feeding her 3 cups a day by giving her 1 1/2 cups twice a day, but it may be too much on her tummy all at once, and since puppies have faster metabolisms, it may also be better to feed her 1 cup three times a day. We fed our two guys 1 cup three times a day until they were 7 months old, and then we switched them to adult dog food, and reduced the feedings to 1 cup twice a day.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I've always fed 4 times a day until 3months, 3 times a day until 6 months and from there on 1-2 times a day. In my opinion twice a day at 11 weeks is too few times and too big portions.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I fed smaller ammounts and 3 times a day until Ftse was a bit older than that then reduced it to twice a day and he does not always eat the two meals

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I was feeding our pack 3 times a day until they turned about 6 months old… then switched to twice a day.

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online