Question about Food

Linloo

Dec 21, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Snoopy
Hi Everyone. My fist question posting here, and it's a 2 parta. Snoopy will be 12 weeks on this Sat. He was on Iams from the breeder which we slowly switched him over to Blue Buffalo Longevity puppy, on suggestion from the pet store employee. He's doing well on that, but now, I can not find it in any store. I have been on Dog Food Advisor's website. And have read on here about the top rated food for our bullies. I wish I could feed him Fromm's, seeing everyone's positive reviews here. But it's not available by me. Also, I was told that poultry doesn't do well with bullies, duck, chicken, turkey? Is that true? Any suggestions on another food that people have had a good experience with? I was looking at Merrick, Natures Variety, Blue Buffalo Grain Free?

Second question, is he too young to introduce certain snacks to? Hard boiled eggs, frozen green beans, peanut butter? I did give him blueberries and he pooped them out whole in his stool. I do give him some fat free Greek yogurt with his food for breakfast & dinner.

I know every bullie is different and tolerate different foods. Nuts trying to get an idea.

Thanks so much for any info!

Lin

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 132

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Try PetFlow.com and see if they have the food you want, there is a link on this forum that will take you to PetFlow, and use "bulldog" for the promotion code. Plus he is not too young to give the treats you mentioned, they love that stuff, also banana and apple are good treats too. In the summer time we mix peanut butter with plain yogurt and freeze it into little bit size pieces for a nice treat too.

OP
Linloo

Linloo

Dec 21, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Snoopy
Thanks Davidh! Appreciate it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
David has given you great advice… I have used Fromm's & Earthborn Holistic, and they both were great. I can't get them locally either, so I use PetFlow and get free delivery!!! Good luck w/Snoopy!!!

JoeR53

Jul 24, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Blu Lily Gemma
Our Bully kids do very well on Blue Buffalo Basic, we switch between salmon and turkey. Pet Smart occasionally has 20% off Blue Buffalo with free shipping.

OP
Linloo

Linloo

Dec 21, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Snoopy
JoeR, can you switch them without slowly introducing each flavor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Linloo

Linloo

Dec 21, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Snoopy
Thanks denene

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan 12, 2014
McAllen, TX
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
ACE (The Bathound)
Petflow has great service and free delivery. I just got a lifetime coupon of 10% off for the auto shipment of Aces Fromm puppy gold food :) no one carried around me, closest store was 6hrs away and it was more expensive than ordering it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello --- :welcome3:

you got great info ... so I am just saying :hiya: and OMG, Snoopy is precious --- LOVE that little face

Most Reactions

Members online