Alway hungry

Kandi81

Sep 23, 2013
Country
Uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter
Hi all been a long time since I've posted anything. Dexter is now just over 7 month and seems to be constantly hungry. I don't want to over feed him but don't want to under feed him too. He is currently on 100gms of raw mince, half a tin of pedigree puppy food and 2 cups of dry chudleys junior chicken and rice dry food. This is split over 2 meals a day with half a dozen dog treats when he goes into his cage.

Is this enough, not enough or too much? Any advice is welcome.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Sounds like a bulldog! :rofl:

I'm not familiar with your measurements, but a photo looking down at his body from above would really tell if he's doing well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Kandi81

Kandi81

Sep 23, 2013
Country
Uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter
Ahh thanks that's an old pic Heres a recent one
yzyvyqut.jpg

OP
Kandi81

Kandi81

Sep 23, 2013
Country
Uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter
Prob not the best will look on phone rather than iPad lol

OP
Kandi81

Kandi81

Sep 23, 2013
Country
Uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter
Here's a better one
u7uzezud.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
He looks very healthy! :) I think many of our bulldogs would eat and eat if they were allowed to. I know mine would! Sometimes i think i'm not feeding mine enough too by the way they seem to go looking for food and bits on the floor…until i'm reminded that Tate is slightly overweight. You can try giving him "healthier" treats like frozen blueberries or slices of apple. How do you know he's constantly hungry, btw? What kinds of behaviors does he do to make you think this?

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I'm not familiar with that measuring system either. Bullies are usually always hungry. He looks fine to me in the pic, just right. It is time to take him off the puppy food, Plus Pedigree dog food is not very good food. Look at the ingredients of any dog food, and if it has "corn" in the ingredients, put it back on the shelf.

OP
Kandi81

Kandi81

Sep 23, 2013
Country
Uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter
He looks very healthy! :) I think many of our bulldogs would eat and eat if they were allowed to. I know mine would! Sometimes i think i'm not feeding mine enough too by the way they seem to go looking for food and bits on the floor…until i'm reminded that Tate is slightly overweight. You can try giving him "healthier" treats like frozen blueberries or slices of apple. How do you know he's constantly hungry, btw? What kinds of behaviors does he do to make you think this?

Pretty much the same looking for food or his food bowl and bits off the floor! I'll try the frozen berries thanks

OP
Kandi81

Kandi81

Sep 23, 2013
Country
Uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter
Chudleys and pedigree was what he was on when we got him however ill check out the ingredients thanks davidh

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
He is a handsome bully! I think you are def feeding enough, especially w the treats added in. I think bullies just act hungry no matter what...lol

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.