Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NEED HELP... Upset belly... Need food advice

Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HANK
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: NEED HELP... Upset belly... Need food advice

Oh my! so many options! thank you all so so much! it normally results in a vet visit and some pills to calm his stomach and help with his poop. I am deff. going to get canned pumpkin and switch his food ..right now he gets 1 cup one in morning and one at night so maybe less? today was the first day back on BB. So tomorrow it is off to get some new food, and hopefully a fixed belly!

Real Name
    kristi
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie, Daisy and George
    Likes (Received)

Lamb and duck are both way too rich for our girls..major runs. We switched to a bison and sweet potato formula and never have had an issue since and no blue buffalo!

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

It almost sounds like he is certainly allergic to an ingredient in his food.... especially since it firmed up so nice on the chicken and rice. How many brands have your tried, and which proteins? 2 cups a day doesn't sound like too much food to me. Is he pooping out more than he's taking in? If so, totally sounds like his digestive system is not absorbing the food and nutrients properly.

About 12 years ago, one of my bullies named Sarah was eating a chicken based puppy food. When she became an adult, I switched her to Lamb adult formula, and her poo was so soft and she could not even hold it, she was barely eating any food yet pooping a ton! It was soooo gassy and stunk!!!

Luckily, I had a son who was allergic to milk and had the exact same problem just that same year, his poop was so filled with air and gas that it expanded and twice as much was going out that what he was taking in, so I knew immediately she was having a digestive reaction to the new food. We had her food allergy tested and she was soooo allergic to lamb!!!

My suggestion would be to change that food completely, just to see if it is something in the food. Bland diet in between the switch would be a good idea, to clean out his digestive system.

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads