I think Daisy may have an addiction problem....

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
Ok we all know our lil ones love to eat... Well most of them anyways. But I feel like Daisy is overly obsessed with people food(like to the extreme). We try to do very good and not give her our stuff. Besides veggies, yogurt, and eggs of course. Daisy will come sit by you when you eat and will stare, drool all over,start licking her chops(that one is funny to see) and watch you like a hawk. And when you get up she will like jump up off the couch and almost attack you (but not in a mean way) because she thinks she is going to lick the plate. And then last night when Matt got home from work he came upstairs with a sandwich in his hands and gave me a goodnight kiss I got trampled.... Like she was insane! She acts like she has not ate in weeks. Jumping and dancing and just going crazy. But good thing is, is that she is never aggressive about it.

Is there anyway to get her to where she wouldnt be crazy like this? She gets a one track mind on food and wont listen to anything.

We feed her a cup in the morning and a cup at night with some frozen broccoli on top ( she is still nasty and eats her poop, I read that if you feed a dog broccoli it can deter her from eating her poop because it changes the smell. But after I just looked it up to make sure I wasnt imagining things, it said in large amounts it can be bad for your dog. I could use some help with that issue too) So I believe she is being fed properly. I just want her to stop with her insanity.:pray:

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I don't know if you ever fed Daisy at the table, or have given her handouts but it sounds like you may have and she keeps trying to con you into it again!'Cause how would she KNOW about people food??!!! I never fed my dogs at the table but my husband did(not these dogs..) and they sat and stared at him and drooled the whole time he was eating because they KNEW it would work for them! they never even looked at me because they knew I didn't give handouts. If you don't want her to do this-NEVER give her anything from the table, or when you are snacking. Mine only get their treats in the kitchen, outside(when they were good) or in their crate, when they go to bed. Small doggie treats. They can be in the room and I can open a bag of chips(with all the noise that makes) and they don't even give it a thought.
As for eating poop, A rescue dog I had(he was a beautiful 2 year old Malanois, when I got him) would always turn around an eat his poop. That made me sick! I know why HE did it, he had been chained for the first two years with a 2 foot chain, and I believe he cleaned up for himself. But many dogs DO that and who knows why?!
Well, I tried everything nothing worked. I would say "you ate poop?!" ;and he knew what I was saying. Well his breath smelled like poop, so one day I got a toothbrush, and put tooth paste on it. I brushed his teeth! He hated the toothpaste! Can you imagine-he ate POOP-but hated the taste of toothpaste!! Well-everytime he came in, I would say "let me smell your breath!" I would sit him down, and lift his lip and smell him. If I smelled poop-I would say "you ate poop?!" and I would brush his teeth! It only took 4 times, he lived to a good age (died of cancer)and never ate poop as long as he lived. It worked for him. Just people toothpaste. I guess alot of dogs might like the taste of it-but he HATED it! Please-my dogs are no where near perfect-just telling what worked for me. My dogs ar spoiled brats in many other ways!:evil::yes:

Last edited:
OP
Sheena

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
I don't know if you ever fed Daisy at the table, or have given her handouts but it sounds like you may have and she keeps trying to con you into it again!'Cause how would she KNOW about people food??!!! I never fed my dogs at the table but my husband did(not these dogs..) and they sat and stared at him and drooled the whole time he was eating because they KNEW it would work for them! they never even looked at me because they knew I didn't give handouts. If you don't want her to do this-NEVER give her anything from the table, or when you are snacking. Mine only get their treats in the kitchen, outside(when they were good) or in their crate, when they go to bed. Small doggie treats. They can be in the room and I can open a bag of chips(with all the noise that makes) and they don't even give it a thought.
As for eating poop, A rescue dog I had(he was a beautiful 2 year old Malanois, when I got him) would always turn around an eat his poop. That made me sick! I know why HE did it, he had been chained for the first two years with a 2 foot chain, and I believe he cleaned up for himself. But many dogs DO that and who knows why?!
Well, I tried everything nothing worked. I would say "you ate poop?!" ;and he knew what I was saying. Well his breath smelled like poop, so one day I got a toothbrush, and put tooth paste on it. I brushed his teeth! He hated the toothpaste! Can you imagine-he ate POOP-but hated the taste of toothpaste!! Well-everytime he came in, I would say "let me smell your breath!" I would sit him down, and lift his lip and smell him. If I smelled poop-I would say "you ate poop?!" and I would brush his teeth! It only took 4 times, he lived to a good age (died of cancer)and never ate poop as long as he lived. It worked for him. Just people toothpaste. I guess alot of dogs might like the taste of it-but he HATED it! Please-my dogs are no where near perfect-just telling what worked for me. My dogs ar spoiled brats in many other ways!:evil::yes:

Yes we have gave her snacks... :(But not to the extreme... I always said I would never table feed. Which technically we dont do. But Ill give her a taste while im cooking or when we are done.. And sometimes if Im having string cheese Ill give her a bite. But I will not feed her nasty processed food. Its like meat,veggies, and cheese. I was thinking about totally cutting it out. We do sometimes give her her treats in her dog bowl, but its not always. We prolly should be more constant....

And the tooth paste is an awesome idea!~Oh and you are fine, I dont feel like you are scolding me lol

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
She may love toothpaste-THEN you will get "attacked" while brushing your teeth!ha!ha! But IF you don't want her pestering, when you are eating something-you can not give her ANY handouts at all! (of what you have)... It only takes ONCE with a bullie-they are too wise.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.