pcchenard

pcchenard

Dec 31, 2013
Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola McWigglebutt, Bruno (1996-2007)
Here is a picture of her dad (not a very good picture).

1234172_670512689626796_736063123_n.jpg

And here is a picture of her mom.

44263_509794982365235_1723970022_n.jpg

OP
pcchenard

pcchenard

Dec 31, 2013
Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Well... The soft poop is back and seems to come and go. Today she had really soft, soft serve ice cream like, poop again (nothing has changed with her diet). She also has really runny eyes (she always has) . I'm considering trying Fromm's Beef Frittata. But it's so expensive I'm afraid to buy a big bag for fear it won't agree with her and I'll have to pitch it or give it away. At the same time I'm afraid to buy a small bag because it costs so much more per serving. :confused:

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

OP
pcchenard

pcchenard

Dec 31, 2013
Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Had anyone tried the Great Life grain and potato free Buffalo dog food? It was recommended at one of my local pet stores.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Had anyone tried the Great Life grain and potato free Buffalo dog food? It was recommended at one of my local pet stores.

Not that I can think of, name does not sound familiar. Get the small bag of Fromm, most places that sell it will let you return if not working for you. Ask the retailer if they honor that.

OP
pcchenard

pcchenard

Dec 31, 2013
Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
No one in my town stocks the Beef Frittata.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
No one in my town stocks the Beef Frittata. Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

What about Earthborn? A few bullies on here have great results with the Meadowfeast and Great Plains
[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION]. Does Petflow honor the return policy?

OP
pcchenard

pcchenard

Dec 31, 2013
Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
What about Earthborn? A few bullies on here have great results with the Meadowfeast and Great Plains

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll look into them.

OP
pcchenard

pcchenard

Dec 31, 2013
Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

After looking at both of those foods they seem to be very similar to the Taste of the Wild High Prarie Puppy food that she is in now. I'd like to try something with some different ingredients so I'll probably just go ahead and order a small bag of the Fromm's Beef Frittata and try it. But I think now I've waited to long and by the time I receive it I'll need more of the TOTW food to do a proper transition. So I'll probably need to get a small bag of that as well.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
After looking at both of those foods they seem to be very similar to the Taste of the Wild High Prarie Puppy food that she is in now. I'd like to try something with some different ingredients so I'll probably just go ahead and order a small bag of the Fromm's Beef Frittata and try it. But I think now I've waited to long and by the time I receive it I'll need more of the TOTW food to do a proper transition. So I'll probably need to get a small bag of that as well.

OK -- please keep us posted and best of luck. Keeping fingers crossed and sending prayers

OP
pcchenard

pcchenard

Dec 31, 2013
Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I ordered a 12 lb bag of the Fromm's Beef Frittata from PetFlow and it will be delivered today. Hopefully it will arrive before I go home to feed her lunch so I can get started on the transition right away. I hope that I'll have enough of the TOTW food to do a full transition but I don't think I will. We shall see.

OP
pcchenard

pcchenard

Dec 31, 2013
Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ok. Lola just went thorough a 12 lb bag of the Fromm's Beef Frittata food (I need to pick up some more today) . She is only getting 2/3 of a cup three times per day (2 cups per day total) and she still sometimes has soft poop. Last night before bed time she was like a soft serve ice cream machine. That is pretty rare but does happen from time to time. Usually when it is soft it is just a little soft, not like ice cream.

She had several stool samples done and she does not have any parasites.

She is 6 months old and only weighs 25 pounds. She is not too thin and she will be a small dog when full grown. But I would have expected her to eat more food than this at this age.

Is it possible that she just doesn't need that much food and I'm over feeding her? As I said, she is not too thin but she isn't fat either.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ok. Lola just went thorough a 12 lb bag of the Fromm's Beef Frittata food (I need to pick up some more today) . She is only getting 2/3 of a cup three times per day (2 cups per day total) and she still sometimes has soft poop. Last night before bed time she was like a soft serve ice cream machine. That is pretty rare but does happen from time to time. Usually when it is soft it is just a little soft, not like ice cream.

She had several stool samples done and she does not have any parasites.

She is 6 months old and only weighs 25 pounds. She is not too thin and she will be a small dog when full grown. But I would have expected her to eat more food than this at this age.

Is it possible that she just doesn't need that much food and I'm over feeding her? As I said, she is not too thin but she isn't fat either.

I think you're feeding her just right. You could try some pumpkin in her meals to help firm up her poo. Could also try a different flavor of Fromms to see how that works out there's no transition time with the 4 star grain free line. Please keep us posted, she's such a little doll.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Try doing one feeding at only a half of a cup and see if it firms up. Or, since you have recently switched she may be having trouble adjusting, the pumpkin will help but doing one day of smaller meals or skipping one meal may solve the problem completely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
pcchenard

pcchenard

Dec 31, 2013
Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Well, Lola has developed pink itchy skin. Thinking back now, when she was on the TOTW High Prairie Puppy food her skin was nice and white. I hadn't really noticed the change until she scratched her neck open from all the itching. We took her to the vet and they put her on prednisone. Her skin is now nice and white again while on the prednisone (she will be done with it in a few days). I think I'm going to switch her back to TOTW High Prairie Puppy because the only reason I switched her was because of the occasional soft stool. But she had that on the Fromm's food also and the pumpkin took care of that.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.