pcchenard

pcchenard

Dec 31, 2013
Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola McWigglebutt, Bruno (1996-2007)
Strange. Late last night it looked like the dandruff stopped. This morning there is no dandruff. I guess I'll just see what happens over the next week or so.

Is there anything that would cause temporary dandruff?

It could be from the stress of everything or even puppy hormones. Food takes at least
ONE MONTH to totally clear old food out. I think you should leave on currant food, it's
a good food (I use TOTW Bison & Venison with my 6 y/o Cami), changing off chicken a
good idea too. Try to just let be unless scary symptoms, your puppy is adjusting. Coconut
Oil is a great food to feed and put on skin & fur. Comes in solid form, put about 1/2 tsp in
hand to warm & melt, rub into skin, put on nose & pads, it will be initially greasy looking
but won't later (a little goes a long way) It is anti-viral, anti-microbial & anti-bacterial so
will protect puppy in lots of ways. Example-taken internally, will kill intestinal parasites.
Wait until food change is fully transitioned & poop is solid, about 2 months, before giving
with food. Buy organic, virgin & cold pressed to eat and start with 1/8 tsp once daily for
3 months than increase to 1/8 tsp twice daily for another 3 months and so on until you
are up to 1 tsp twice daily (at about 8-10 months old). I'd wait on the salmon oil until at
least a year old as some bullies are sensitive to it.Just add one new thing at a time in small
amounts until you can see if tolerated well. Then you will easily know what caused reaction.
Good luck & GOD bless y'all!

Thank you for the suggestions.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2014
McAllen, TX
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
ACE (The Bathound)
Grizzly salmon oil, and after about 10 days Aces skin is silky smooth. Then again, I'm transitioning from proplan to Fromms puppy gold, so that's a big help in itself. I would give it more time. Dandruff within 1 day is hard to say if it's the food in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
pcchenard

pcchenard

Dec 31, 2013
Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Just an update. The dandruff quit after just a couple days. Stool is nice and firm and we have now gone through a 5 lb bag of the TOTW food. So far so good. Although now at 14 weeks old and weighing 13 lbs I'm hesitant to increase her food intake beyond 1-1/2 cups per day (the food bag recommends 2-3 cups for her age and weight) because she is still putting on weight and her poops are quite large. Should I try increasing her food to 2 cups per day and see what happens or should I leave it alone as long as she is gaining weight?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Just an update. The dandruff quit after just a couple days. Stool is nice and firm and we have now gone through a 5 lb bag of the TOTW food. So far so good. Although now at 14 weeks old and weighing 13 lbs I'm hesitant to increase her food intake beyond 1-1/2 cups per day (the food bag recommends 2-3 cups for her age and weight) because she is still putting on weight and her poops are quite large. Should I try increasing her food to 2 cups per day and see what happens or should I leave it alone as long as she is gaining weight?

What a great update.... Stay the course as long as weight is being maintained. Feeding guidelines, are just that, a guideline.

OP
pcchenard

pcchenard

Dec 31, 2013
Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola is now 19 weeks old and only weighs 18.6 lbs. I think she needs more food even though she is not too skinny, but if I give her any more than 2 cups per day (3 feedings of 2/3 cup) she gets the soft serve Ice cream poop. The Taste Of The Wild puppy food recommends 2-3 cups per day for a 10-20 lb puppy her age. Any suggestions?

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
If Lola is doing well on her food, and you don't think she is too skinny-don't worry. I must confess that all the years that I have had dogs, I have never really paid attention to what the bag says about portion-just ingriedients. That is just a "general" recommendation. As she grows, you can increase her food a little at a time. You are actually the best judge of how much food to feed. As long as she looks good to you, and the food agrees with her, and her poops are good-you can pretty much judge what she should have.

OP
pcchenard

pcchenard

Dec 31, 2013
Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Here are a couple of pictures. She has a nice waist in the overhead picture but almost looks too thin. But you can't see her ribs which should mean that she is not too thin. Correct?
ehusu2a3.jpg

yhehypu5.jpg

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
She looks good to me in the overhead.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

OP
pcchenard

pcchenard

Dec 31, 2013
Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Here is another side picture.
ybyneqyg.jpg

OP
pcchenard

pcchenard

Dec 31, 2013
Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks for the replies. She weighed 19.6 lbs today. I think she looks good too, she just seems small to me. I'll be surprised if she gets up to 35 lbs when full grown.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
She still has a lot of filling out to do, she looks wonderful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
pcchenard

pcchenard

Dec 31, 2013
Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Yeah.. I know. We'll see how big she gets. Her mom is about 47 lbs and built like a tank. I've only see a picture of her father and don't really know how big he is.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.