Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Her stool has firmed up nicely. I'll increase her food back to 1/2 cup 3x per day starting tomorrow and see what happens.

Great news!!! Increase 1 meal at a time, and see how it goes. Excellent news and glad she's getting better. Certainly not fun having runny poo for her or you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
pcchenard

pcchenard

Dec 31, 2013
Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola McWigglebutt, Bruno (1996-2007)
One question. Her ears have been perfectly clean.. No wax or anything. I looked at them today and now there is lots of wax in them. Is that a sign that she may be allergic to something in the food?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
We clean ears weekly ,it could be that shes growing up and they dp get "dirty" ,if they smell funny there might be a sign of an infection

OP
pcchenard

pcchenard

Dec 31, 2013
Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
All of a sudden she had soft serve Ice cream again tonight. :(

Jan 12, 2014
McAllen, TX
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
ACE (The Bathound)
All of a sudden she had soft serve Ice cream again tonight. :(

I'm going through the same situation. Had soft serve ice cream consistency multiple times, hardened up, then back. I was about to give pumpkin but it started getting better again. I'm assuming he's clearing old food (transport company gave me Nutro instead of the food he was actually on)! How many days has it been?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
pcchenard

pcchenard

Dec 31, 2013
Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I've lost track of the number of days. Stool was firm again this morning but smelled rank sgain. I would think that the old food should be out of her by now but maybe it's not. I'll see what happens over the weekend and go from there.

I did increase her food back to 1/2 a cup (only feeding the Blue Buffalo now) this morning but I'll only give her 1/3 cup for her next two meals. Then tomorrow the first two meals will be 1/2 cup. If the problem persists I'm going to try the Taste Of The Wild puppy food since it is a non-chicken based food.

kristimorrill

Aug 10, 2013
san diego
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie, Daisy and George
Think its the food. Blue buffalo gave ours soft serve and from me was just too rich for their tummies. We ended up doing 1 cup twice a day and all is well. Try natural balance or natures variety brand grain free...works wonders!

OP
pcchenard

pcchenard

Dec 31, 2013
Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Her stool seems to have firmed up again. We'll see if it stays that way.

OP
pcchenard

pcchenard

Dec 31, 2013
Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The soft stool still comes and goes even reducing the food to 1/3 cup 3x per day. I have also noticed that she is often chewing on her feet and that her chin and belly skin is turning pink. I'm assuming this is a sign of allergies starting to kick in. I started a transition to Taste Of The Wild High Prairie Puppy food this morning. I'll make it a really slow transition and see how it goes. Hopefully this food will work for her.

OP
pcchenard

pcchenard

Dec 31, 2013
Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I took a full ten days and fully switched her over to the Taste Of The Wild High Prairie Puppy food. Her stool looks good now and the pink skin is gone and she is no longer chewing on her feet. However, now I have noticed that she has pretty bad dandruff. Yesterday was her first day of being fully on the TOTW food and is also when I first noticed the dandruff. Should I give it a couple of weeks and see if the dandruff stops? Should I try The Taste Of The Wild Pacific Stream Puppy food which is a salmon and sweet potato based food? Or should I try something else? If something else, what should I try? One of the Fromm's foods? If so, which one should I try.

Thanks!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
You could try adding salmon oil to her kibble, it is very good source of Omega Oils, which are great for the skin, and coat.
You can use other sources of Omega Oils such as cod liver oil or coconut oil. You can also try rinsing her fur with Apple Cider Vinegar and warm water after her bath.

OP
pcchenard

pcchenard

Dec 31, 2013
Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
You could try adding salmon oil to her kibble, it is very good source of Omega Oils, which are great for the skin, and coat.
You can use other sources of Omega Oils such as cod liver oil or coconut oil. You can also try rinsing her fur with Apple Cider Vinegar and warm water after her bath.

Thanks for the suggestion. Do you think the salmon based TOTW puppy food is worth a try?

OP
pcchenard

pcchenard

Dec 31, 2013
Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Strange. Late last night it looked like the dandruff stopped. This morning there is no dandruff. I guess I'll just see what happens over the next week or so.

Is there anything that would cause temporary dandruff?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Strange. Late last night it looked like the dandruff stopped. This morning there is no dandruff. I guess I'll just see what happens over the next week or so.

not or that I can think of, but I will tag a few members that may have some suggestions for you

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven

It could be from the stress of everything or even puppy hormones. Food takes at least
ONE MONTH to totally clear old food out. I think you should leave on currant food, it's
a good food (I use TOTW Bison & Venison with my 6 y/o Cami), changing off chicken a
good idea too. Try to just let be unless scary symptoms, your puppy is adjusting. Coconut
Oil is a great food to feed and put on skin & fur. Comes in solid form, put about 1/2 tsp in
hand to warm & melt, rub into skin, put on nose & pads, it will be initially greasy looking
but won't later (a little goes a long way) It is anti-viral, anti-microbial & anti-bacterial so
will protect puppy in lots of ways. Example-taken internally, will kill intestinal parasites.
Wait until food change is fully transitioned & poop is solid, about 2 months, before giving
with food. Buy organic, virgin & cold pressed to eat and start with 1/8 tsp once daily for
3 months than increase to 1/8 tsp twice daily for another 3 months and so on until you
are up to 1 tsp twice daily (at about 8-10 months old). I'd wait on the salmon oil until at
least a year old as some bullies are sensitive to it.Just add one new thing at a time in small
amounts until you can see if tolerated well. Then you will easily know what caused reaction.
Good luck & GOD bless y'all!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.