Decided on Fromm Puppy Gold

Jan 12, 2014
McAllen, TX
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
ACE (The Bathound)
Was going to do Infinia, but after careful consideration and a lot of bullies here on Fromm with great results, I've decided to order it myself. Going to order the small bag to test it out and make the switch. If he does well, I will order the 33lb bag. I know A member had posted that it can last up to 3 months! My ACE is 10 wks old, an average how long would a 33lb bag last me? At least 2 months? I'll be signing up on pet flow auto shipping :). Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mavsfan4life

Bullshiht-zu
May 10, 2013
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mayhem
Fromm's is a great choice! Have you also purchased the existing food that the breed is feeding Ace? Moving to a new home and family is a big adjustment and can sometimes upset a puppy's digestive system, so I would give Ace the food that he is accustomed to for a week or so before beginning the transition to Fromm's. When you do begin integrating it into his diet, it should be gradual. For approximately 5 days give him 75% old to 25% new, then 50/50, then 25% old to 75% new. If his stools become too loose, back off and wait a few days before adding in more of the new.

Other members will chime in soon, but this is what I would recommend.

As far as how long a bag will last: I have two furbabies eating Fromm's (one an EB and one Shih-tzu) and a 26lb bag now lasts a little over a month for us. I feed Mayhem (my EB) 1 cup 2 times per day and Chewy (my Shih-tzu) about 1/3 cup 2 times per day. However, when Mayhem was a young puppy (up to 6 months), he ate from 3/4 to 1 cup, 3 times per day, so a bag lasted us a little over 3 weeks.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Was going to do Infinia, but after careful consideration and a lot of bullies here on Fromm with great results, I've decided to order it myself. Going to order the small bag to test it out and make the switch. If he does well, I will order the 33lb bag. I know A member had posted that it can last up to 3 months! My ACE is 10 wks old, an average how long would a 33lb bag last me? At least 2 months? I'll be signing up on pet flow auto shipping :). Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Glad to hear you made your decision. Please remember from my other post that your results will vary depending on how many pups are eating the food and how much you feed per meal and how many times a day you feed. The up to 3 months is one pup that only gets 1 cup of kibble 2 times a day and kibble isn't used for treats. When we got Harlea we fed her the Fromms puppy in the pink bag that we got at 8 week and it lasted us until we switched her to 4 start grain free at 5.5 months and we still had almost 3 lbs of it left after the switch.

OP
AceTheBathound
Jan 12, 2014
McAllen, TX
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
ACE (The Bathound)
Yes, I will have his current puppy food. I had read about them adjusting to their new environment, so I was thinking of doing exactly what you proposed. I will have him get used to us at least 1 -2 weeks before I start making the switch.I just placed the order and added the grizzly salmon oil 16oz to get the additional 10% off :). I'll be using 1 pump of salmon at night. Thanks again! Greatly appreciate the info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Great decision and I hope it all works well for Ace.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Best of luck and please keep us posted on the progress - good or bad

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
Good choice. I feed Rocco 3 cups a day and the 26lb beef frittata bag lasts me just under 2 months

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

raetate

Jan 5, 2014
virginia beach, va
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
hercules
Fromm is completely amazing! i recently switched my 8 month bulldog to is and there is just a HUGE difference. I could no be happier with the food.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.