Loose stool- fromm puppy

christine3381

Dec 27, 2013
We switched our pup from Eukanuba to Fromm's puppy (pink bag) over a 10 day period. He seemed good for a few days but now is having runny stool. Any suggestions on how long to continue with the Fromm's to see if he's adjusting? And any suggestions on other foods to try if this isn't agreeing with our Gunner's tummy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
How much are you feeding him and how many times a day? If you feed them too much it can cause runny poo. You can also give him a bit of pure canned pumpkin to help firm them up as well.

Sarah Elizabeth

Oct 20, 2013
Kentucky
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hulk
We've had Hulk on Taste of the Wild bison and venison puppy since bringing him home and he's done great. But like [MENTION=8859]Marine91[/MENTION] said you could be feeding too much. Higher quality foods don't require the large serving size that lower quality foods do.

OP
C

christine3381

Dec 27, 2013
Gunner is getting 1/2 cup, 3x daily. Based on the bag, we are feeding the correct amount.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I would cut back just a little to see if that helps.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Gunner is getting 1/2 cup, 3x daily. Based on the bag, we are feeding the correct amount.

I agree with David. I would cut back a bit and go from there. When my Harlea was on it if we gave her more than 1 cup twice a day she would have explosive poo.

OP
C

christine3381

Dec 27, 2013
Thanks! We are now feeding slightly less than 1/2 cup 3x a day. Sometimes his stools are picture perfect, and other times, not so much...someone mentioned too much water can make for loose stools, any ideas?!

Jan 12, 2014
McAllen, TX
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
ACE (The Bathound)
I've read others mention it takes about 1 month to clear his previous food. Maybe that could be it?

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
I had this situation with my youngest Ruby when I bought her home last year. I was really worried but what I found helpful was I fed her the amount she was supposed to get and I put two tablespoons of pumkin in every meal and I also broke up one half of a pepto bismol tablet and put that in with the pumkin. Now the half of a pepto bismol tablet I only put in her morning food, not the evening meal. After about a week her stomach was in good shape and I have not had more problems. I keep Pepto in the house for both humans and fur babies. Good luck!

Jan 12, 2014
McAllen, TX
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
ACE (The Bathound)
I just got my baby yesterday and it seems he has soft stools x 3. I will be adding pumpkin these next few days to see if that helps.

4WHLN

"Hit me baby one more time!"
Dec 4, 2011
Baton Rouge, La
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. Dooley Bulldogs
Dooley has a minor allergy to chicken and the Fromm puppy has chicken in it. He had loose stool when I fed this to him. IF cutting back does not help, maybe try a different food.

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
Dooley has a minor allergy to chicken and the Fromm puppy has chicken in it. He had loose stool when I fed this to him. IF cutting back does not help, maybe try a different food.

Exactly. The 4 star nutritional are all stage

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online