General Question Merrick

ellis302

Jan 8, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Reba
Anyone else feed their Bully Merrick Grain free?

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I have not but i've heard some positive things about Merrick brand food. I've given mine the canned food in the past just to try out and they liked it.

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
Not grain free but I feed my dogs Whole Earth Farms made by Merrick. Well pleased with it. It's a multiprotein kibble and does not contain any corn or wheat.

[h=1]Ingredients in Whole Earth Farms[/h]Chicken Meal, Turkey Meal, Oat Meal, Pearled Barley, Ground Rice,Ground Millet, Ground Barley, Chicken Fat (preserved with mixed Tocopherols, a source of Vitamin E)Duck, Buffalo, White Fish, Natural Chicken Liver Flavor, Salmon Oil (a natural source of Omega-3, Docosahexaenoic Acid-DHA)*, Organic Alfalfa Sun-cured ground, Yeast Culture, Tomato Pomace Dried , Dried Egg,Organic Sunflower Seed Ground, Salt, Calcium Phosphate, Potassium Chloride, Choline Chloride, Lysine, Blueberry Dried, Cranberry Dried, Yucca Schidigera Extract,Inulin (from Chicory Root), Rosemary, Sage, Thyme, Cinnamon, Marigold Dried, Zinc Amino Acid Complex, Enterococcus faecium, Lactobacillus plantarum, Lactobacillus casei,Iron Amino Acid Complex, Vitamin E Supplement, Manganese Amino Acid Complex, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Copper Amino Acid Complex, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin D3, Niacin, Lecithin, Riboflavin, Supplement, Biotin, Ethylenediamine Dihydriodide, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Cobalt Amino Acid Complex, Folic Acid, Thiamine Mononitrate, Sodium Selenite.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I've only heard great things about Merrick...

OP
E

ellis302

Jan 8, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Reba
We use the Texas Beef variety.

- - - Updated - - -

We use the Texas Beef variety.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I personally have not used it, but know of many that do (non-bulldog) and have no issues

TheLost

Dec 28, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly & Kevin (aka Chunky)
Molly will only eat Merrick grain free :cursing: .. specifically, Texas Beef and Sweet Potato.

One thing to keep in mind is that Merrick (grain free) is a bit high on protein @ 38%. Molly is a bit 'high strung' so it hasn't been an issue. We'll probably have to feed 'couch potato' Kevin something else when he's moved off his puppy food.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Molly will only eat Merrick grain free :cursing: .. specifically, Texas Beef and Sweet Potato.

One thing to keep in mind is that Merrick (grain free) is a bit high on protein @ 38%. Molly is a bit 'high strung' so it hasn't been an issue. We'll probably have to feed 'couch potato' Kevin something else when he's moved off his puppy food.
I love his face and his body!! He is just the cutest chubby little thing ever!!

OP
E

ellis302

Jan 8, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Reba
Reba is now on Fromm Pork and Peas. The beef and sweet potato gave her awful gas. She seems to be doing great on pork and peas. Thanks to all who gave advice.

My lil munchkin graduated her puppy class today. She picked up on everything so quickly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Reba is now on Fromm Pork and Peas. The beef and sweet potato gave her awful gas. She seems to be doing great on pork and peas. Thanks to all who gave advice.

My lil munchkin graduated her puppy class today. She picked up on everything so quickly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Good job, Reba!!! :clap:

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
We did Merrick but had to avoid chicken and later also had to avoid sweet potato as well...I think that left of without much choices and we went to natural balance after a few other unsuccessful switches. So far the best food we've tried has been natural balance rabbit and legume. I keep trying out other foods, like natures variety, but still so far the NB has been the best option.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.