Infinia All life stages

Jan 12, 2014
McAllen, TX
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
ACE (The Bathound)
Hello everyone. Been reading and reading on best food I could afford for my new English Bulldog that will be joining us this Wednesday. I've seen Fromms numerous times, unfortunately a little out of my price range. The breeder has the pup on purina proplan. I was going to switch them to diamond naturals large breed puppy formula. The research I've done here seems that although it may be good food, there has been so many recalls from this company. My local feed store carries grain free Infinia all life stages chicken and rice and turkey, sweet potato. I see that it has great ingredients (first two are meats). $38 per $30 lb bag, after buying 8, 9th bag is free. Anyone ever tried this particular brand? I ran a search and there was only 1 post. Thanks for any help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I don't have any information on Infinia brand dog food, but I will tag some members to help @desertskybulldogs [MENTION=7457]Blueberrys Mom[/MENTION]

OP
AceTheBathound
Jan 12, 2014
McAllen, TX
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
ACE (The Bathound)
Thanks Rural Mystic. The one I'm looking at, chicken/brown rice has 4.5 stars. Their turkey/sweet potato and other adult formulas are 5 star. I called the company. There had only been 1 recall on a prior product called red flannel dog food (that's what it sounded like). No findings of salmonella came back or reported. So it's a go for me, as this is affordable and has 4.5 star review and good ingredient list :).

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Looks like a pretty good food, let us know how it works out :up:

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I am no food expert by any means but i wanted to throw this out there. I was floored as well at the prices of good quality food for our babies at first. It was definitely sticker shock and is scary as can be. As always you have to go with what is best for your bully and what you can really afford, but keep in mind that with good quality foods your baby will eat less and the food will last much longer. So when you think about that $60 or $70 price tag if it lasts 2 or 3 months you are looking at $20 to $35 a month in reality and that is about how much you would spend per month if not less than you would on a lower quality food as your pup would eat more and still not get the nutritional values they need. In our case a 26lb of Fromm's Grain Free is roughly $76 and it lasts us right at 3 months for a net monthly cost of $25.33.

OP
AceTheBathound
Jan 12, 2014
McAllen, TX
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
ACE (The Bathound)
Marine, thanks for the input. Didn't realize that a 25lb bag could last up to 3 months!! That's is pretty amazing. Considering the ingredients, I will be trying this one out. It had a good star rating as well. I would never give my bully cheap product. Just thought I could find something similar to high end foods with a little savings. If he doesn't do well with this one, I will consider Fromms (pink bag).

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Marine, thanks for the input. Didn't realize that a 25lb bag could last up to 3 months!! That's is pretty amazing. Considering the ingredients, I will be trying this one out. It had a good star rating as well. I would never give my bully cheap product. Just thought I could find something similar to high end foods with a little savings. If he doesn't do well with this one, I will consider Fromms (pink bag).

No problem. we get 3 months because Harlea only eats 1 cup twice a day and we rarely use kibble for treats when working with her. Your results may vary of course. Also, if you have a store around you that sells Fromm's or other high quality brands ask them if they have any coupons as they usually pull them off the bags to keep people from stealing them. The place we get Harlea's food always gives us either a $10 off or a buy a 26lb bag and get a 4lb bag free coupon.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.