The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
The general consensus is to start switching to an all stages or adult food around 6 or 7 months of age but it isn't set in stone. We switched Harlea to Pork and Peas right at about 5 months and she had been fine.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

4WHLN

"Hit me baby one more time!"
Dec 4, 2011
Baton Rouge, La
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. Dooley Bulldogs
I believe around 8 months. Mine's been on all stages from day one. He didn't agree with the puppy foods I tried to give him.

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
How long should I feed Rebel puppy food?

An English Bulldog typically goes through several growth spurts. They don't really get to their full massive bone size until sometime after their 18th month and even up to past their 2-year mark. The first growth spurt seems to be around 3-8 months where they gain their height and length. But it may take until about 18+ months for them to gain their massive chest and wide head.

Because of this, I have observed several breeders continue to feed puppy food all the way past their 18th month. But, because of their medium size, a lot of people just go ahead and put their bulldogs on an All Stages food after their first growth spurt or even skip puppy food altogether.

Each bulldog is unique... some are slow growers, some are faster, some are small, some are ginormous, some are couch potatoes, some are sprinters. So, everything is all up to your specific dog.

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
I believe around 8 months. Mine's been on all stages from day one. He didn't agree with the puppy foods I tried to give him.

Mine as well. He's been on fromms beef frittata since about 2.5 months. Chicken in food was giving him diarrhea and the fromms puppy flavor has chicken so I skipped it altogether. He's 7 months now and almost 50 lbs

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

4WHLN

"Hit me baby one more time!"
Dec 4, 2011
Baton Rouge, La
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. Dooley Bulldogs
Same here with me Matt. Chicken did not sit well with him either.

truffle shuffle

Dec 23, 2012
DC area
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk
we switched around 6 months, he was just growing too fast, poor guy was in pain. Vet said to switch him, said it might take him a little longer to fill out but thats fine with me, my big boy is 60lbs!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.