General Question Question about All Stages vs Puppy

ellis302

Jan 8, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Reba
Hello I have been feeding my lil gal Merrick Grain Free all stages food since we brought her home a few weeks ago. Is it really better for her to be on a puppy food or will the all stages suffice? This food may not work out for her actually. Her poo has been pretty soft the whole time she has been on it. So we may have to make a switch her anyway. I just want to feed her the proper food type.

Attachments

• 20131221_190008[1].jpg
    20131221_190008[1].jpg
    243.5 KB · Views: 145

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
All stages will suffice, but I prefer to leave them on puppy a bit longer. Try backing off the amount you are feeding by a little bit, see if that helps. Also has she had a fecal test done ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] has taken the words right out of my mouth. :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Just wanted to say..... :hiya: What a cutie

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, looks like you got great advice already. I agree a puppy formula is best until 6 or 7 months old, and then switch to an adult formula. We had to switch foods 4 times before we found one that worked for both our guys, my female Blossom has allergies to chicken, salmon, grains and corn. They have been on Fromms a beef for a year and both do really well on this food.

OP
E

ellis302

Jan 8, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Reba
Hi, looks like you got great advice already. I agree a puppy formula is best until 6 or 7 months old, and then switch to an adult formula. We had to switch foods 4 times before we found one that worked for both our guys, my female Blossom has allergies to chicken, salmon, grains and corn. They have been on Fromms a beef for a year and both do really well on this food.

Thanks for all the replies. I will give Fromms Puppy a try.

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
Rocco has been on beef frittata since about 3 months of age. He's 7 months now and approaching 50lbs just to give you some insight on the other end of the spectrum. I didn't feed him fromm puppy gold because it contains chicken and that was giving him loose stools

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Most Reactions