Possible food change??

DozerDad

Dec 30, 2013
I have a 5 month old EB that has many food and environmental allergies. When we got him from the breeder he was on Pro Plan chicken and rice. We quickly switched him to TOTW puppy, but he did not like the taste and would barely eat. We are now on Fromm pork and peas. About every other week he has a rash flare up on his stomach and hind legs. We treat it with oral benadryl and coconut oil on the rash. I am considering switching him to Nature's Variety Instinct raw boost venison and lamb. Is there anybody that has had success with this brand. I know with EBs diet is a big issue and finding the right food can eliminate flare ups.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1388867063348.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1388867063348.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 112

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Very smart I am currently running into this myself. I am thinking I might have to go with TOTW as I can't get Fromm locally and I really don't like ordering their food off the internet as I never know how long it will take to come in. If you get your food on the internet you could try Merrick Whole Earth Farms Sheldon ate that ok but not great the food he is eating now he LOVES but we are having trouble with rash flare ups on his belly and between his back legs.

OP
DozerDad

DozerDad

Dec 30, 2013
He loves the Fromm but something is not agreeing with him. Can't figure it out. I was thinking maybe the pork because he had no problem with the bison and venison

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
He loves the Fromm but something is not agreeing with him. Can't figure it out. I was thinking maybe the pork because he had no problem with the bison and venison

There are a few members on the NVI but i can not think of their names right now..... Have you tried other Fromm flavors. Game Bird or Beef Fritatta

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

OP
DozerDad

DozerDad

Dec 30, 2013
No we haven't. He did good on TOTW bison & venison so I was looking for another brand with venison in it

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
No we haven't. He did good on TOTW bison & venison so I was looking for another brand with venison in it

OH.... [MENTION=7457]Blueberrys Mom[/MENTION] . [MENTION=5315]Texas Carol[/MENTION]. Might be able to help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Yeah, Blue didn't so well on Pork and Peas either. Horrible allergies. We switched to Fromm Salmon Tunalini.

If you put him on TOTW too soon after you got him, it could of been stress that kept him from eating it, and not the food itself.
Since you said he did good on it, I would try it again since it's so difficult for some of our bullies to find a food they do good on.

Canidae Grain Free PURE Land is a Bison and Lamb Formula. Just google "Canidae Grain Free". Excellent ingredients, and they're a five star rated food on Dog Food Advisor.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
[MENTION=10696]DozerDad[/MENTION] since he is already on FROMM. try the Game Bird and see how he does on that. We have all ours on Pork and Peas, but had a 6 month old that had itchy paws, so we switched her to the Game Bird and she cleared right up.

OP
DozerDad

DozerDad

Dec 30, 2013
Great feedback. Will try game bird next....fingers crossed.

kristimorrill

Aug 10, 2013
san diego
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie, Daisy and George
Our girls are on natural balance sweet potato and venison and they go crazy for it! Their coat is amazing and have had no issues. Its the limited ingredient diet one and they have several variations. We had tried MANY different brands before we found this one and will never change again..good luck!

OP
DozerDad

DozerDad

Dec 30, 2013
Thanks for the info....so many choices. Wish there was a magic food that worked for all EBs

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online