I got a problem with my dogs food - need advice please

homeriscool

Dec 26, 2013
United Kingdom, Wirral
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Hugo
Hi all, my 10 week old puppy was eating a UK brand dog food called Purina ( garbage food ) when i got him. I wanted to feed him a better quality food, but after 6 days of a gradual change he seems to have diarrhea ( not quite water but not hard either ) is this normal or should i consider another food to put him on?

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Are you still slowly changing the food over? (what food are introducing now ) and how much do you feed a day

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
You may need to ad a little 100% pure pumpkin to the food... Like a tablespoon ..... But answer Pati's questions and then we can get from ther

OP
homeriscool

homeriscool

Dec 26, 2013
United Kingdom, Wirral
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Hugo
Hi again Pati, i am feeding 170 grams of food per day. I puppy was eating Purina Beta but after a bit of research i found this to be a poor quality food. I did read good reviews about the csj puppy food which i have in another thread, so i bought a 15 kg sack of that and started introducing it to him from Monday. I started with 1/4 cup of the csj and 3/4 Purina, now im up to 3/4 CSJ and 1/4 Purina. I dont have any of the Purina food left now and from tommorow he will just be eating the CSJ Food, even though his stools are quite runny.

should i change him onto another food such as wainwrights, or stick this food out and see how he goes? Thanks very much for your time and help!

Pati Robins

Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
I usually switch slower than that but since you run out ,give it a few days (dont feed anything other than dry food - like treats etc) and see whats happen ,make sure your pup is drinking and eating fine -if runny stools dont ease up it could be that something in the food is not agreeing with your pup stomach
But in my opinion after few days maybe less his soft stools should stop (just keep an eye on them -for blood etc)

At least you are trying to give your baby better food -we all been there ;-)

OP
homeriscool

homeriscool

Dec 26, 2013
United Kingdom, Wirral
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Hugo
Thanks again Pati, if you were me would you change his food to wainwrights or keep him on the csj ?

Pati Robins

Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Keep him for few days see whats happen -there is no point in changing food if your baby (eventually ) does good on it ;-)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online