switched my english bulldog to fromms

Louiethebulldog

Dec 23, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Louie
after reading all the great reviews on fromms i decided to switch my 3month english bulldog to it. he was on royal canin previously. his poop has been loose for the past couple of days. i'm under the impression that it's supposed to be loose for a while till he gets adjusted to it. when should i start seeing some improvement in the stool? if it doesn't improve when should i start worrying? very new to owning a bulldog just trying to give him the best care possible. thanks for all the help

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
If you did an instant switch it could be awhile as bullies have sensitive tummys. When you switch foods it needs to be done gradually over a period of 10 to 14 days for optimum results.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
If you did an instant switch it could be awhile as bullies have sensitive tummys. When you switch foods it needs to be done gradually over a period of 10 to 14 days for optimum results.

Agree, instant switch can cause a bigger mess than what you have, a slooow switch it better. But I agree it can take up to two weeks to see a difference in poo.

OP
L

Louiethebulldog

Dec 23, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Louie
i did make that mistake :(. not sure what i should do anymore. i hope he will be okay

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
i did make that mistake :(. not sure what i should do anymore. i hope he will be okay

First of all, it's going to be okay… we have ALL been there :) I would go back to adding the old food w/the new Fromm's, and try to gradually add the new food each day. I would go very slowly… you can also add pure pumpkin (NOT pie filling) to the food to firm up his stools. Add a tablespoon to his food, and see if that firms things up a bit. :welcome2: to EBN… We are so glad that you are here!!!

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
H9w long ago did you make the switch? If it has only been a day or two you can still start with a 75% RC to 25% for 3 or 4 days the go 50/50 for 3 or 4 more then 75 fromms 25 rc for a few more then 100 Fromms. If it has been more that 3 or 4 days since you switched you are most likely going to have to ride it out. Get some pure pumpkin and give 2tbsp with meal to help out.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Sounds like they have you covered. :2thumbs:

OP
L

Louiethebulldog

Dec 23, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Louie
switched him over on christmas day guess ill have to ride it out. ill be sure to pick up some pumpkin at the local grocery store. he loves fromms food though he eats it all up and waits by his bowl for seconds :yes:

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Its going to take some time but it will get better. Keep in mind when introducing new foods and treats to do it slowly and only one new thing a day or every few days so if there is a reaction you know exactly what caused it.

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
I'm one of the few Fromms didn't work for..I gave every flavor a chance too. The loose stool never went away...it was better with the pumpkin but once I'd take him off it came right back. When I switched the loose stool instantly went away..You haven't given it enough time yet however. It could totally just be the sudden change.

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
I am in the same league as Chumley. Bogey could not tolerate Fromms- it was too rich. But give it a try and see what happens. Good luck!!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, you've already been given excellent advice from above members, was going to give the same advice, to do a slow transition, as I was in the same boat as you last year. My two EB came from the breeder on Royal Canin as well, and I knew it wasn't the greatest food, so I started doing research on dog foods, which is how I actually found this site. As it turned out Blossom is allergic to chicken, salmon, grains and corn, so we had to switch her food 4 times before we found a food that she tolerated. Her brother Bulldozer has a cast iron stomach and can and will eat anything. Lol. He is my bully goat, he eats rocks, sticks, pinecones, grass, but his favourite snack of choice is sweat socks. He's eaten sweat socks 4 times, and each time has either thrown them up, or pooped them out. We went through diarrhea, soft serve consistency poops, and frequent poops, but once they were on the food it took about 2 weeks for things to get back to normal. It can take up to a month to see a difference in their poops as it can take that long before the old food leaves their systems. Good luck, I hope the Fromms works out for you, and Louie tolerates it.

B

Baxter Tiberius

Hi all - which Fromms seems to be safest for bullies on here?

I am considering adding a "safe" and "healthy" kibble to baxters "whole food" meal simply because he's a bit under weight, and all the bullys at the meetup were obese because they eat kibble instead LOL .

I figure a little will give him just some comfortable healthy padding maybe :p

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Many including myself use the 4 star grain free line. Pork and Peas has been really good to us as well as the Game Bird. The good thing about this line is you can switch proteins every meal or bag if you wanted to without having to do the slow transition once your bully is established on the line in general.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.