Real Name
    Stevie Thomas
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma Mae
    Likes (Received)

Default Food: Raw vs Kibble

I am so lost! I am new to the site and looking for help from the veterans! I have a two year old bully who is having skin problems that are severe I think they may be allergies? I am wanting to know if raw or kibble is best? I wouldn't be able to make the food so I am considering raw Natures Variety Instinct. If raw isn't the way to go I am thinking Fromm, Natures Logic, Natures Instinct, Go or Acana. I have also decided to add a boiled egg a day, cottage cheese or yogurt to her meals along with corn or canola oil. I also will be switching from oatmeal shampoo to a shampoo containing ketoconazole. So PLEASE help me longtime bully parents I want to help my baby she is so miserable right now!

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Food: Raw vs Kibble

Many people on here, who have dogs with allergies feed Fromm. A grain-free diet is needed. Salmon oil-(if not allergic) or extra virgin olive oil, coconut oil. Corn or canola may cause problems. Plain active culture yogurt is good. A food expert will be along shortly! Check out the articles here on EBN about food. At the top of the page click on ARTICLES, then Dog Food Ratings.
    Last edited by Manydogs; 12-29-2013 at 05:22 PM.
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

Bulldog(s) Names
    Hooey
    Likes (Received)

Our EB was having horrible allergies as well & we switched him to raw food. Best decision we have ever made. He is on bravo- duck blend & they come in pre-packaged frozen patties which makes thawing/feeding super easy! There are only 4 or 5 ingredients in the patties which makes finding out the ingredients that bother your bully very easy. He doesn't have any skin issues anymore & his tear stains are completely gone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by stevie8276 View Post
    I am so lost! I am new to the site and looking for help from the veterans! I have a two year old bully who is having skin problems that are severe I think they may be allergies? I am wanting to know if raw or kibble is best? I wouldn't be able to make the food so I am considering raw Natures Variety Instinct. If raw isn't the way to go I am thinking Fromm, Natures Logic, Natures Instinct, Go or Acana. I have also decided to add a boiled egg a day, cottage cheese or yogurt to her meals along with corn or canola oil. I also will be switching from oatmeal shampoo to a shampoo containing ketoconazole. So PLEASE help me longtime bully parents I want to help my baby she is so miserable right now!
    Many bulldogs have allergies, and food can be the culprit… I would check out our food ratings. I fed our bullies Fromm's, but I have also used Earthborn on my boxer and she's doing great! I have no experience w/raw but I can tag members who do @RiiSi. I think that it's up to personal preference whether you choose raw or kibble. I wouldn't advise making too many changes at once… I would do one thing at a time and watch for changes… bumps, redness, tear staining or itchy paws. to EBN… we are so glad that you are here!!!

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

I don't feed raw, and have gone through several foods before we found one that works for our babies. It really depends on you and if you have the time to do raw. There are several people here who feed raw and have excellent results.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Real Name
    Stevie Thomas
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma Mae
    Likes (Received)

Thanks awesome info I am so grateful I found this site!

Real Name
    Stevie Thomas
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma Mae
    Likes (Received)

Thanks so awesome to have other bully parents to discuss things with!!

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Stig Racecar Driver and Punkin Brutus
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I would eliminate the corn and canola oil. These are items that our bullies don't need.

Try feeding 1 thing at a time, either kibble or raw. Don't add anything else just yet and see if you can see if that would make a difference. My guys are allergic to most kibbles and found that they thrived on raw.
    "I am normally not a praying man, but if you really are up there, please save me Superman!'' - Homer J. Simpson

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Riikka
    Country
    Finland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Voitto, Taisto, Kylli and Angel-Usko
    Likes (Received)

In my opinon raw is the best, especially for allergic bullys. It is the only way you really know what you're feeding. Some are even allergic to dust mites and that is in every kibble. I would start an elimination diet with your bully. Meaning starting with one source of protein and adding one ingredient at the time, so you will know what causes the allergies. Here's a great article on how to get started if you choose to make your own raw. If you choose pre-made patties you need to choose one with limited ingredients and preferably with meats that she hasn't had before.

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/fo...ighlight=start

Remove Ads