Help Needed! Food: Raw vs Kibble

stevie8276

Dec 29, 2013
Mansfield, OH
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma Mae
I am so lost! I am new to the site and looking for help from the veterans! I have a two year old bully who is having skin problems that are severe I think they may be allergies? I am wanting to know if raw or kibble is best? I wouldn't be able to make the food so I am considering raw Natures Variety Instinct. If raw isn't the way to go I am thinking Fromm, Natures Logic, Natures Instinct, Go or Acana. I have also decided to add a boiled egg a day, cottage cheese or yogurt to her meals along with corn or canola oil. I also will be switching from oatmeal shampoo to a shampoo containing ketoconazole. So PLEASE help me longtime bully parents I want to help my baby she is so miserable right now!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Many people on here, who have dogs with allergies feed Fromm. A grain-free diet is needed. Salmon oil-(if not allergic) or extra virgin olive oil, coconut oil. Corn or canola may cause problems. Plain active culture yogurt is good. A food expert will be along shortly! Check out the articles here on EBN about food. At the top of the page click on ARTICLES, then Dog Food Ratings.

Last edited:

hparker37

Feb 13, 2012
Kingwood, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Hooey
Our EB was having horrible allergies as well & we switched him to raw food. Best decision we have ever made. He is on bravo- duck blend & they come in pre-packaged frozen patties which makes thawing/feeding super easy! There are only 4 or 5 ingredients in the patties which makes finding out the ingredients that bother your bully very easy. He doesn't have any skin issues anymore & his tear stains are completely gone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I am so lost! I am new to the site and looking for help from the veterans! I have a two year old bully who is having skin problems that are severe I think they may be allergies? I am wanting to know if raw or kibble is best? I wouldn't be able to make the food so I am considering raw Natures Variety Instinct. If raw isn't the way to go I am thinking Fromm, Natures Logic, Natures Instinct, Go or Acana. I have also decided to add a boiled egg a day, cottage cheese or yogurt to her meals along with corn or canola oil. I also will be switching from oatmeal shampoo to a shampoo containing ketoconazole. So PLEASE help me longtime bully parents I want to help my baby she is so miserable right now!

Many bulldogs have allergies, and food can be the culprit… I would check out our food ratings. I fed our bullies Fromm's, but I have also used Earthborn on my boxer and she's doing great! I have no experience w/raw but I can tag members who do [MENTION=3354]RiiSi[/MENTION]. I think that it's up to personal preference whether you choose raw or kibble. I wouldn't advise making too many changes at once… I would do one thing at a time and watch for changes… bumps, redness, tear staining or itchy paws. :welcome2: to EBN… we are so glad that you are here!!!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I don't feed raw, and have gone through several foods before we found one that works for our babies. It really depends on you and if you have the time to do raw. There are several people here who feed raw and have excellent results.

OP
S

stevie8276

Dec 29, 2013
Mansfield, OH
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma Mae
Thanks so awesome to have other bully parents to discuss things with!!

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
I would eliminate the corn and canola oil. These are items that our bullies don't need.

Try feeding 1 thing at a time, either kibble or raw. Don't add anything else just yet and see if you can see if that would make a difference. My guys are allergic to most kibbles and found that they thrived on raw.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
In my opinon raw is the best, especially for allergic bullys. It is the only way you really know what you're feeding. Some are even allergic to dust mites and that is in every kibble. I would start an elimination diet with your bully. Meaning starting with one source of protein and adding one ingredient at the time, so you will know what causes the allergies. Here's a great article on how to get started if you choose to make your own raw. If you choose pre-made patties you need to choose one with limited ingredients and preferably with meats that she hasn't had before.

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/f...-how-to-start-with-rawfeeding&highlight=start

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online