Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Royal Cannin SS21

Potty Trainer
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Charlie
    Likes (Received)

Default Royal Cannin SS21

Hey guys..

Charlir is almost 2 years old anb he was loosing alot of hair and scraping a lot. I took him to the vet ( recommended here at the forum ) who told me Charlie had Dermatitis. He put him on antibiotics and also change his food ( he was on Fromm Beef ) to Royal canin SS21.

The good news is Charlie is doing amazing, no more scrapping and he is not loosing her at all but Im concern about Royal canin ingredients, also charlie didnt have any tear stains and now on this food he is getting some really bad ( maybe because the salmon oil or fish meal ).

I really need your help overhere to review the ingredients on this food and help me to get a different type of food w/o Salmon

Previous food:
    Fromm beef
    Earthborn Holistic Meadow Feast
    NVI Beef Meal & Lamb Meal Formula and also Rabbit Meal Formula
    Merrick Grain Free Real Pork & Sweet Potato

I really need some advice. Tks
    Last edited by CharlieFL; 12-18-2013 at 06:41 PM.

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nuts Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean ; Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Royal Cannin SS21

Hmmmm well I have read on here that royal canine isn't all that great even though vets swear by it like here they say Science Diet is the best and its not really Sheldon did TERRIBLE on it. Have you tried Nutro? I have heard its a great food also. Merrick Whole Earth Farms is also a really good one. Sheldon did pretty good on it problem is the only place I can get it is on the internet so I might be going to Amazon to put him back on it. @cowsmom and @desertskybulldogs can you guys shed some light?

R.I.P. Duece Man 9-13-14 Gone but not forgotten, always in our hearts! Till we meet again over the Bridge, Mommy misses you.

Potty Trainer
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Charlie
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer Clark View Post
    Hmmmm well I have read on here that royal canine isn't all that great even though vets swear by it like here they say Science Diet is the best and its not really Sheldon did TERRIBLE on it. Have you tried Nutro? I have heard its a great food also. Merrick Whole Earth Farms is also a really good one. Sheldon did pretty good on it problem is the only place I can get it is on the internet so I might be going to Amazon to put him back on it.

Thats what i read too but the one im using is by prescription. So i really dont knoe

Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

You can try giving him a benadryl at night to help with the watery eyes

sent from my Droid RAZR with love!

R.I.P. Duece Man 9-13-14 Gone but not forgotten, always in our hearts! Till we meet again over the Bridge, Mommy misses you.

Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

benadryl is 1mg/pd. Just so you know.

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

Try him on the FROMM Pork and Peas, or the Game Bird and see how he does on it.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Real Name
    Amanda
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gordo Fatsky
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieFL View Post
    Hey guys..

Charlir is almost 2 years old anb he was loosing alot of hair and scraping a lot. I took him to the vet ( recommended here at the forum ) who told me Charlie had Dermatitis. He put him on antibiotics and also change his food ( he was on Fromm Beef ) to Royal canin SS21.

The good news is Charlie is doing amazing, no more scrapping and he is not loosing her at all but Im concern about Royal canin ingredients, also charlie didnt have any tear stains and now on this food he is getting some really bad ( maybe because the salmon oil or fish meal ).

I really need your help overhere to review the ingredients on this food and help me to get a different type of food w/o Salmon

Previous food:
    Fromm beef
    Earthborn Holistic Meadow Feast
    NVI Beef Meal & Lamb Meal Formula and also Rabbit Meal Formula
    Merrick Grain Free Real Pork & Sweet Potato

I really need some advice. Tks
    We had Gordo on royal canine after we got him from the breeder. But he started getting allergies and really couldn't figure out what was going so the first thing we tried was Nutro Grain Free and it has been really good and he loves it. We realised his allergies is something in the grass not the food.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Go back to the Fromm and try Pork and Peas or go with Merrick Pork and Sweet Potato
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bentley, Linus, Truman
    Likes (Received)

Ugh...food is so hard!

I've tried SO many between my three bullies and it's really all trial and error. My latest food is California Naturals Kangaroo and Red Lentils. I have my very, very itchy bully on it and, within just a few days, his eye, ears, and wrinkles improved! I am waiting to see how he does once it takes full effect but I tried it because it's grain and gluten free PLUS it's an exotic protein, which most dogs are not allergic to. YET!

"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive."
    Bentley (5.24.04 - 6.26.10) & Linus (1.10.06 - 7.31.13)

Country
    UK
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Archie
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Gordosmom1212 View Post
    We had Gordo on royal canine after we got him from the breeder. But he started getting allergies and really couldn't figure out what was going so the first thing we tried was Nutro Grain Free and it has been really good and he loves it. We realised his allergies is something in the grass not the food.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk
    Us too, we were feeding Archie normal kibble then we switched to Royal Canin, we have had many visits to the vet cos of Archie's skin issues, the RC is better than normal off the shelf brands. We worked out it was grass seed because as it's only in summer months.

Archie is now on a raw meat and raw veg diet, with the odd raw bone, his coat shines and his tear stains have pretty much gone! I still sprinkle kibble on. I'd highly recommend it as it's also cheaper.
    Archie.. Also lovingly referred to as Baron Von Truffle Snuff

Potty Trainer
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Charlie
    Likes (Received)

im gonna try fromm pork and peas his tear stains are getting really bad. Did someone take a look of the ingredients for royal cannin to see what it could be? tkssss

Real Name
    Nu
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Curly
    Likes (Received)

Default Royal Cannin SS21

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieFL View Post
    im gonna try fromm pork and peas his tear stains are getting really bad. Did someone take a look of the ingredients for royal cannin to see what it could be? tkssss
    It's hard to pinpoint one ingredient that would be causing your EB problems because not all EBs have the same allergies.

After some trial and error with my EB, I've found that Fromms pork and peas works best with the tear stains as well as giving filtered or bottled water. The food I was previously feeding him was salmon based (buffalo blue wilderness) and he had bad tear stains plus was licking his paws.

After I made those changes, one month later I saw huge improvements. Keep in mind that it will take a month before you will see changes too.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    check us out on Instagram: nu__berry (that's two under scrolls)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads