Royal Cannin SS21

CharlieFL

Jul 16, 2012
Fort Lauderdale
Bulldog(s) Names
Charlie
Hey guys..

Charlir is almost 2 years old anb he was loosing alot of hair and scraping a lot. I took him to the vet ( recommended here at the forum ) who told me Charlie had Dermatitis. He put him on antibiotics and also change his food ( he was on Fromm Beef ) to Royal canin SS21.

The good news is Charlie is doing amazing, no more scrapping and he is not loosing her at all but Im concern about Royal canin ingredients, also charlie didnt have any tear stains and now on this food he is getting some really bad ( maybe because the salmon oil or fish meal ).

I really need your help overhere to review the ingredients on this food and help me to get a different type of food w/o Salmon

Previous food:
Fromm beef :ashamed:
Earthborn Holistic Meadow Feast :ashamed:
NVI Beef Meal & Lamb Meal Formula and also Rabbit Meal Formula:ashamed:
Merrick Grain Free Real Pork & Sweet Potato :ashamed:

I really need some advice. Tks

Last edited:

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Hmmmm well I have read on here that royal canine isn't all that great even though vets swear by it like here they say Science Diet is the best and its not really Sheldon did TERRIBLE on it. Have you tried Nutro? I have heard its a great food also. Merrick Whole Earth Farms is also a really good one. Sheldon did pretty good on it problem is the only place I can get it is on the internet so I might be going to Amazon to put him back on it. [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] and [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] can you guys shed some light?

OP
C

CharlieFL

Jul 16, 2012
Fort Lauderdale
Bulldog(s) Names
Charlie
Hmmmm well I have read on here that royal canine isn't all that great even though vets swear by it like here they say Science Diet is the best and its not really Sheldon did TERRIBLE on it. Have you tried Nutro? I have heard its a great food also. Merrick Whole Earth Farms is also a really good one. Sheldon did pretty good on it problem is the only place I can get it is on the internet so I might be going to Amazon to put him back on it.

Thats what i read too but the one im using is by prescription. So i really dont knoe

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
You can try giving him a benadryl at night to help with the watery eyes

sent from my Droid RAZR with love!

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
benadryl is 1mg/pd. Just so you know.:D

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Try him on the FROMM Pork and Peas, or the Game Bird and see how he does on it.

Gordosmom1212

Aug 11, 2013
Pflugerville, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Magnum (EB), Delta (EB), Gracie (EB), Zoey (FB), Pebbles (FB), Prada (FB)
Hey guys..

Charlir is almost 2 years old anb he was loosing alot of hair and scraping a lot. I took him to the vet ( recommended here at the forum ) who told me Charlie had Dermatitis. He put him on antibiotics and also change his food ( he was on Fromm Beef ) to Royal canin SS21.

The good news is Charlie is doing amazing, no more scrapping and he is not loosing her at all but Im concern about Royal canin ingredients, also charlie didnt have any tear stains and now on this food he is getting some really bad ( maybe because the salmon oil or fish meal ).

I really need your help overhere to review the ingredients on this food and help me to get a different type of food w/o Salmon

Previous food:
Fromm beef :ashamed:
Earthborn Holistic Meadow Feast :ashamed:
NVI Beef Meal & Lamb Meal Formula and also Rabbit Meal Formula:ashamed:
Merrick Grain Free Real Pork & Sweet Potato :ashamed:

I really need some advice. Tks

We had Gordo on royal canine after we got him from the breeder. But he started getting allergies and really couldn't figure out what was going so the first thing we tried was Nutro Grain Free and it has been really good and he loves it. We realised his allergies is something in the grass not the food.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Go back to the Fromm and try Pork and Peas or go with Merrick Pork and Sweet Potato

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Ugh...food is so hard!

I've tried SO many between my three bullies and it's really all trial and error. My latest food is California Naturals Kangaroo and Red Lentils. I have my very, very itchy bully on it and, within just a few days, his eye, ears, and wrinkles improved! I am waiting to see how he does once it takes full effect but I tried it because it's grain and gluten free PLUS it's an exotic protein, which most dogs are not allergic to. YET!

Gemma

Mar 28, 2013
Southport, UK
Country
UK
Bulldog(s) Names
Archie
We had Gordo on royal canine after we got him from the breeder. But he started getting allergies and really couldn't figure out what was going so the first thing we tried was Nutro Grain Free and it has been really good and he loves it. We realised his allergies is something in the grass not the food.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Us too, we were feeding Archie normal kibble then we switched to Royal Canin, we have had many visits to the vet cos of Archie's skin issues, the RC is better than normal off the shelf brands. We worked out it was grass seed because as it's only in summer months.

Archie is now on a raw meat and raw veg diet, with the odd raw bone, his coat shines and his tear stains have pretty much gone! I still sprinkle kibble on. I'd highly recommend it as it's also cheaper.

OP
C

CharlieFL

Jul 16, 2012
Fort Lauderdale
Bulldog(s) Names
Charlie
im gonna try fromm pork and peas his tear stains are getting really bad. Did someone take a look of the ingredients for royal cannin to see what it could be? tkssss

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
im gonna try fromm pork and peas his tear stains are getting really bad. Did someone take a look of the ingredients for royal cannin to see what it could be? tkssss

It's hard to pinpoint one ingredient that would be causing your EB problems because not all EBs have the same allergies.

After some trial and error with my EB, I've found that Fromms pork and peas works best with the tear stains as well as giving filtered or bottled water. The food I was previously feeding him was salmon based (buffalo blue wilderness) and he had bad tear stains plus was licking his paws.

After I made those changes, one month later I saw huge improvements. Keep in mind that it will take a month before you will see changes too.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Louiethebulldog

Dec 23, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Louie
hi, i just joined this website today and was doing some research on the food i currently feed my 3 month old english bulldog. he is on royal canin which the breeder i got him from was feeding him. he suggested i stay with royal canin, but i do have some concern after reading posts about how its not very good. should i go buy fromms and switch him over asap? ive noticed he has redness on his forehead and around his face. not sure if its normal or not. appreciate all the help

OP
C

CharlieFL

Jul 16, 2012
Fort Lauderdale
Bulldog(s) Names
Charlie
UPDATE.. its to soon for me to jump into conlcusions but so far Fromm Pork and peas is working fine for Charlie.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Good to hear!! We've had really great luck with pork & peas too. I hope it stays that way.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.