Fromm Salmon Tunalini 12lb bag

samnie

Jun 29, 2013
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
samnie
Background - Samnie has been eating Fromm Pork & Peas (dry/canned mix) since we learned that she's allergic to chicken. Couple of months on Pork & Peas, I got the 4lb bag of Beef Frittata just to see if she'll like it so I can add variety to her meals. She loved it and I even use it for her kong toy as treats.

Samnie also loves baked salmon. I dont usually cook but I bake her some every once in a while for a special treat/meal. So of course I assumed that she will like the Fromm Salmon Tunalini. I've been wanting to try it but they don't have a 4lb bag at Petflow and I can't find a local store nearby that carry Fromm foods (I know, it's really sad!!) Last week, I decided to just go ahead and buy a 12lb bag thinking Samnie will surely like it.

Boy was I wrong!! Not only did she not like it, since I tried it on Sunday she won't eat ANY of her dry kibbles - no matter what flavor!! (Possible she got scared and thinks it's the salmon flavor that I'm giving her??) The whole week she would only eat canned food!! (I mix a little bit of her Pork & Peas kibble but she picks 'em out!) Thursday was when she started coming around to eating the kibbles with her canned food...so I think we're good.

My problem now is - what to do with the 12lb Salmon Tunalini that I have?!?? I got it from Petflow on Saturday & opened it on Sunday 12/8 - used probably 1 cup at the most.

Such a waste to throw good food away. I know shelters wouldn't accept an opened bag. I dont know anybody who lives nearby that eats Fromm. Any suggestions? Anybody wants it?

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Got a neighbor with a dog. Or a cat would probably eat it. Hard to believe the shelter won't take it!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
[MENTION=9231]samnie[/MENTION] take it back, FROMM will take back any food your bully will not eat, even if the bag is opened. Petco should either let you trade it for the flavor you want or give you your money back. If they give you crap about it call the manager, they should exchange it or refund your money, no problem.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
What David said.... call Petflow and they should send you a different flavor

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Most places and even petflow will take it back as long as 75% or more remains in exchange for the same size and brand.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

OP
samnie

samnie

Jun 29, 2013
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
samnie
thanks guys!!!! i will call Petflow! :)

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, I'm not familiar with the store policies in the States, but here in Canada, most of the pet food places will refund or exchange opened food, as long as its at least half full. I also can't believe the shelters wouldn't accept an opened bag of dog food, especially a good quality food like Fromms, they ask for and want donations, so I don't know why they wouldn't accept it.

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
Let us know how it goes with Petflow!

OP
samnie

samnie

Jun 29, 2013
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
samnie
Let us know how it goes with Petflow!

oh, they didn't take it back:

Thanks for writing in and I'm sorry to hear that the Fromm's didn't work out for you. Unfortunately, we don't accept returns on opened products as you mentioned but you can certainly donate that opened bag to a local shelter. They are always willing to take any unused products. I've gone ahead and applied a credit of $5.55 (15% of the product price) to your account for the inconvenience. If you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to let me know. I'm always here and happy to help!

Happy Holidays,
Rochelle

Rochelle Strong
Supervisor, Customer Support
PetFlow.com ~ Pet Food Delivery!
1 (888) 316-PAWS

Good news though - I found a local shelter that wanted it!! So it all worked out!! :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.