Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Vegas has been on the Vegas stew diet for about 3 months.

I took both Vegas and O into the vet for a weigh in. Vegas has always been close to 70 pounds. He is taller and longer than breed standard for an English bulldog....59 pounds!!!!! He's lost around 10 pounds on this stew. We feed him twice daily. Every morning and evening he gets 1/2 cup of kibble and 1 1/2 cups of stew.

Orion's a little different. We have not reduced her intake of her kibble...we only added the stew for a filler. She stepped on the scale and got a reading of 37 pds. We feed her twice daily also...3/4 cup kibble and 1/2 cup of stew at each sitting.

So, it's really working for us.

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
way to go vegas and orion!!! o guess we will give mom some credit too... :p

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Nice work, maybe I will try this for Linus. He just doesn't seem to be able to lose more than 4 or 5 pounds on dog food and our vet asked me to try to get down down to 70-72 lbs.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
That is fantastic! So is it now time to take him off the diet? Now what?

OP
Libra926

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
[MENTION=390]cali~jenn[/MENTION]
[MENTION=860]jillh10[/MENTION]
If you are giving them stew, don't forget to decrease the amount of kibble.
We are going to monitor Vegas for a few more weeks. If he keeps losing weight, we will add more kibble. I think his weight is good, but I'm wondering if he's too skinny. When he was just over 1 year old, he came down with pnuemonia after aspirating during a seizure. On halloween, we were going to take him thru the neighborhood in his costume, but was told he was not allowed outside at all. He had an appt that day, so he wore his little devil costume and stepped on the scale. He weighted 66.6 pounds. It's been so long since he's been at this weight (currently 59 pds). He is much more active..and the problems with his leg? Gone. Remember how the doc thought he might have a torn ACL? He hasn't even limped or favored the leg since the weight loss.
Photo of Vegas at the Drs on Halloween...just diagnosed with Pnuemonia. Which, as you know, can easily be fatal in a bulldog.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Oh yes I have cut back my food for the boys by 1 scoop. I did feed 3 scoops a day for both boys and for now I went down to 2. I just wanna make sure that Mugsy isnt the one left out since they share a bowl and both free feed. Last time I tried to cut them back without the stew I found that Mugsy was the only one dieting and he doesnt need to lose even 1 pound. lol.

I have to say when I fed them the stew last night I left it on the counter after and forgot until I found Mugsy with his paws up on the cupboard as if to say, "Please just a little more!" They LOVE it!

Would love to see a close up of Vegas now to compare to before. I bet he is lookin good. I know what you mean about being to thin tho I felt like Cutty was a bit too thin when we first got him and he weighed 49 pounds and was just 9 months. He looked healthy but I didnt like his ribs being so obvious. Then again his breeder is good so she must know more than me about that. haha Such great news to know Vegas' leg is all better! figure 10 pounds when you only weigh a little to begin with is huge! How are his seizures doing since losing?

OP
Libra926

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
@cali-jenn
I keep close tabs on his seizures using the blog. He had just reach day 34 without a seizure (I think) when he had 2 in one day. His last one was on November 22, but before that it was October 17. If you are interested, scroll to the bottom of the "community News" page and click on the individual blogs. It helps me to use the blogs as a diary.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION], Yea Vegas!!! And what a good mommy you have to have helped you!! I know you have the pictures, show us all a before/after shot please. [MENTION=1539]sheila[/MENTION], I was thinking the same thing before I even read your post for ME, Vegas is OK with his weight. lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
[MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] .... That's great that your babies are doing so well on your diet. Would love to see some current pix and/or before/after pix ;)

OP
Libra926

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Ok. I will look tonight for a good before and after photo of Vegas.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.