Taste of the Wild - High Prarie

RazrRila99

Mar 24, 2013
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colossus
Mods - feel free to move/merge as appropriate. Ive read a few of the threads and didnt really find that fit.

Ive been enjoying the last few months of time with my Colossus, been a while since Ive posted. I went with Fromm Beef Frittata for a couple of months in the summer and started noticing some 'pink yeasty' spots between his hind legs, so we switched back to Fromm Pork and Applesauce for the last couple/three months. Now hes getting some yeasty smells on his feet, scratching his ears (trying to get inside them), etc.

What has been everyone's luck with Taste of the Wild High Prairie or other variations?

Just trying to keep my boy happy and healthy.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Winston has been on Fromm's and we are still having tear staining, so I'm planning on a slow switch for him. My boxer is on Earthborn Holistic and is doing fantastic. I've heard good things about TOTW too...

tiffykay06

Dec 20, 2012
Oklahoma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Rumble Pig Peterson AKA Rumble
I have always fed Rumble Taste of the Wild. Started him on Pacific Stream puppy and now we alternate between Pacific Stream and Wetlands. I have never had any problems with Rumble on it but every dog is different. They have had recalls in the past so just make sure you keep an out for that.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Have you tried Fromm Pork and Peas? It is in the grain free line and has no white potato, which can add to yeast issues

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Cami's eats TOTW Bison & Venison and occasionally eats their Pacific Stream

OP
RazrRila99

RazrRila99

Mar 24, 2013
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colossus
Have you tried Fromm Pork and Peas? It is in the grain free line and has no white potato, which can add to yeast issues

I read the ingredients on this one and it said "potatoes" same as the Beef Frittata or am I going crazy? I would prefer Fromm as I can get it from my local shop, but the potatoes deterred me.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I read the ingredients on this one and it said "potatoes" same as the Beef Frittata or am I going crazy? I would prefer Fromm as I can get it from my local shop, but the potatoes deterred me.

yes, it is sweet potatoes, which are totally different that white... not a yeast issue. My girl was a yeasty mess ALWAYS, tail, paws, folds... put her on Beef fritattia and it cleared up some what, but when they came out with Pork and peas and I switched her... holy wow, what a difference... her tail still has some issues, but face and paws are always clear now

bluesteelapd

May 1, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona Lisa and Leonardo
We've fed Momo Taste of the Wild Pacific Stream for years. No tear stains, no allergic reactions, nothing.
and just an FYI...We get a 30lbs bag, delivered free, after taxes, for $41.50. That is cheaper than anywhere we can pick it up from. I am not associated in any way with the company/website that sells it, so if you wanna check it out: petango.com If you are a associated with the CWA union you can get 10% off.

Good luck!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.