Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
hamburger.jpg

East Orlando Animal Hospital As requested by Wigglet... :)

For a 20 pound dog, 1 small oatmeal cookie is the caloric equivilent of 1 hamburger or 1 entire chocolate bar for a person.

If a 10 pound cat ate just one ounce of cheddar cheese, it would be the same as if a person ate 3 1/2 hamburgers or 4 whole choclocate bars. For a 20 pound dog, 1 ounce of cheddar cheese has the same number of calories as 2.5 hamburgers or 1.5 chocolate bars for a person.

For a 20 pound dog, eating just one hot dog is the same as a person consuming 3 entire hamburgers or 2 whole chocolate bars.

Just 1 potato chip for a 10 pound cat is the caloric equivilent of 1/2 of a hamburger or 1/2 of a chocolate bar for a person.

For a 10 pound cat, 1 cup of milk has the same number of calories as 4.5 hamburgers or 5 chocolate bars for a person.

Think about this when you want to feed your pet "just one potato chip"! It's harder to get off than it is to put on. :)

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Good information BUT...OH crap, I have PMS along with menopause, final stages... (what a fricken mess and on meds to get me through it!!) I went to the grocery store yesterday, craving salt!, and bought a bag of Ruffles, by the time I got home (7 min) I had destroyed half a bag, and I KNOW Vegas can NOT have potato's... BUT, YES he got some.... while I was still stuffing my mouth putting grocery's away.... bad PMS/MENOPAUSAL Mommy!! He on the other hand was in HEAVEN because I have been soooo strict with his new diet!!! Sometimes you just HAVE to indulge!!! He had drool all over my kitchen floor while I was stuffing my face, I could not hold back, I gave him many!!

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
p.s. I think it helped ME not to feel such a gluten as I was, If he was inhaling faster than me in his bowl!! Made me feel like quite not the inhaler as I was, LMAO. You know we have to stick together he is my boy, if I think he is a bigger hog than me, than I don't feel as bad I can look at him eat and think OMG, yet if someone would have watched me eat my Ruffles they would have thought the same damn thing, LOL !!:up:

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Good to remember...I was really, really bad with this before I started feeding them grain free but I've shaped up since then and I give the occasional peanut butter but not much else. Like I keep saying, I wish someone would restrict my diet like I do for the bullies!

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=860]jillh10[/MENTION], No kidding, I would be a much healthier, happy person IF I ate the way Vegas does!!!! I am not fat but the way i was stuffing those Ruffles in, I could take about a week for me to be!!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Wow that is crazy to think of, good thing I rarely feed any of that stuff to the boys. Like you all said I wish I could keep from eating it myself. I restrict my daughters food almost as good as the boys but it is hard being in control of my own. lol

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.