New Favorite: Farm Fresh Pet Food

B

Baxter Tiberius

I guess I'm lucky because there are a bunch of raw food services for pets in South Florida. However after trying everything under the sun, including Natures Logic, Royal Canin, even buying my own bone grinder and making chicken grinds .... nothing worked for Baxters bowels. He had months of diarhhea, skin issues, or soft stools. It was a nightmare from the start and I thought we'd never get resolution.

Finally my local vet recommended a local guy who makes pet foods. He offers both raw and "slow gentle cooked" versions of his foods. Amazing! Because I was not 100% sold on 100% raw. Baxter did not tolerate it well AT ALL ....
I wanted whole foods, but cooked whole foods. So I checked out the product and i have to be honest. I was blown away.

I swear if I could create the perfect dog food, this would be it. I was amazed by what this guy put into the foods. Everything was absolutely perfect. I know i sound like im overdoing it, but for someone who researches nutrition as it pertains to health .... this guy simply nailed it. He just so happened to be local, so I went and met him. Super nice guy - his name is Jeremy. He told me he poured his lifeblood into coming up with the highest quality product he could. He has access to his own farm for his chickens and other meats.

So I checked out the label of the chicken one. Those of you who know good nutrition, enjoy this list:

* Chicken, Rice
* Chicken Broth
* Chicken Liver
* Carrot
* Collards & Kale
* Celery
* Broccoli
* Apples
* Wild-Alaskan Salmon Oil
* Olive Oil
* Parsley
* Norwegian Kep
* Flaxseed
* Nutritional Yeast
* Garlic
* Calcium Citrate
* Lecithin
* Ground Borage Seed
* Lactobacillus Acidophilus

That's just the chicken meal they make.

I mean geez. Nailed every single aspect I can think of, aside from Glucosamine/Chondroitin.

They've got several other meals too: http://www.farmfreshpet.com/farm-fresh-dog-food-ingredients

More importantly? The minute Baxter went on this food, all his poop woes disappeared. Instantly. He's had healthy solid poops ever since, and I know he is getting the most outstanding nutrition possible.

I know I sound like an infommercial. But im really impressed. Just like i was with Natures Logic, except Natures logic made Baxters bowels explode.

Hope this is okay to post: http://www.farmfreshpet.com/

I told him he needs to ship nationwide but I dont think thats available just yet. If anyone wants some, you can call him and ask. I think he manually ships stuff out right now to people. It seems like a small one man operation still.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
That is so awesome that it is local for you and all made fresh! I used to feed Banks a fresh made raw that was made FOR her, but her system just could not handle the raw and I had to go back to kibble

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Glad to hear you found something that you like and that agrees with Baxter. It is so hard to find something that is good.

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
How many pound do you buy and how long does it last how much do you feed?

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Did you read the ingredients for the Grain free it has natural chondroitin in it.

OP
B

Baxter Tiberius

1) Baxter eats mass quantities of food and he's still bone thin so what I give him is way more than most bulldogs. Each little container is 1lb and he eats about 1.5 of those per day just to maintain his weight. Jeremy was actually surprised at the volume, as he suggested most dogs only need half to 1lb per day. Baxter is a bit of an exception I guess. So I bought like 25 of them and it has lasted a few weeks. They go for $3.99 for the 1lb containers. He has a "Duck" meat one that costs a lot more ($7.99 i think). If Jeremy is right, then I guess 1 of these per day would be plenty. But I have a feeling english bulldogs eat more than most dogs (?).

2) I didn't see the chondroitin yet sorry I missed that! I have really only looked at the chicken&rice one closely so far. That's all Bax has eaten.

The cool part to me is that this is still fresh whole foods, but you can opt for "slow cooked" (low temperatures) versions. Baxter didn't tolerate raw well either (like poster above commented) so I was super excited to have a pre-made whole food meal for him that had already been lightly cooked to get all the parasites, etc out. The stuff is consistency of ... like ... i guess ground hamburger inside the containers. (only referring to consistency here, not appearance).

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
That sounds really good!!! Nice to see such a keen interest in making such a quality product. Best of all, Baxter is doing so good on it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
That is absolutely wonderful! After reading the thread I jumped on their site and was excited to see you can order it to have it shipped. I was reading the ingredients and was super impressed.

sent from my Droid RAZR with love!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.