Thread: Lifes Abundance vs Fromms and Nuvet Plus

Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Grunt
    Likes (Received)

Default Lifes Abundance vs Fromms and Nuvet Plus

Hello,
    New to the forum. I joined for advice and tips from fellow owners. My breeder and every breeder I've found in Colorado starts their puppies off on Lifes Abundance kibble. It seems legit and I checked it out on dogfoodadvisor. I have also looked its rating on here. They also started the pups on Nuvet through the dam and make sure you give it to the puppy for one year as a health guarantee. Everyone on here is recommending Fromms. Has anyone ever used Lifes Abundance??? It seems comparable. I just want to feed Grunt the best I can get. What about Nuvet. It says one tab a day. But Im worried about too much calcium and he shouldn't need a supplement on a premium dog food. What about fish oil. How much and how often.
    Thanks for any advice. Grunt is 9 weeks old 16 pounds. Born September 25, 2013.

Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Grunt
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Lifes Abundance vs Fromms and Nuvet Plus

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

to EBN!!! Grunt is absolutely adorable I have never heard of Life Abundance, but if it's got a good rating on dogfoodadvisor.com and Grunt is doing fine on it then I would stick with it. I have Winston on Fromm, but we may be switching because Fromm doesn't seem to work too well w/him. Food is an ever changing thing w/these bullies, since most of them have allergy issues. I have Winston on NuVet as well, but he's almost a year old. I use coconut oil instead of fish oil because I was noticing some issues w/the salmon oil. I was only giving him a few squirts a day in his kibble. I will tag a few members so they can give you some specifics on the food & supplements questions… @desertskybulldogs, @Davidh

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

Welcome to the site and your baby Grunt is just too adorable. We feed our pups FROMM Puppy Gold in the pink bag, and they do fine on it. It doesn't hurt to give the NuVet Plus as it will just give him a little extra nutrition that he could use. I would wait a few months before getting it though so he can get a little bigger. We do not give any oils. We used to give Salmon oil, but they didn't really like it and saw no change in them so we stopped it. Looking forward in seeing more pics of your baby. It's fun watching them grow into beautiful bullies.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I give my pups Nuvet but only half a tablet instead of a whole one, and then around 4 months old I start giving them whole.

Looking at the ingredients and the dog food advisor I would say its a pretty decent food so you may want to stick with it. Not too keen on the dried beet pulp but other than that it looks decent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Hello and to EBN...... Grunt is a precious little bully... What a face,
    @JeannieCO. A fellow CO member
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

Howdy and how nice to see another Coloradan. Grunt is super cute! I've never heard of that food before. Not sure where you live but over in my area there's a great pet store that's 100% non profit and they're proceeds go to canine cancer. It's called "My Buddy & Me Pet Store."

Emma's had Fromm since birth and I alternated for a bit with Earthborn when she was about a year old. She did great on the Fromm puppy. If you're close to that pet store I mentioned call them, they can order your food and they're even cheaper than anywhere online.
    Three Hooligans and 1 Angel - Wilson, Sally, Emma & Jack

Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Grunt
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ddnene View Post
    to EBN!!! Grunt is absolutely adorable I have never heard of Life Abundance, but if it's got a good rating on dogfoodadvisor.com and Grunt is doing fine on it then I would stick with it. I have Winston on Fromm, but we may be switching because Fromm doesn't seem to work too well w/him. Food is an ever changing thing w/these bullies, since most of them have allergy issues. I have Winston on NuVet as well, but he's almost a year old. I use coconut oil instead of fish oil because I was noticing some issues w/the salmon oil. I was only giving him a few squirts a day in his kibble. I will tag a few members so they can give you some specifics on the food & supplements questions… @desertskybulldogs, @Davidh

Thank you very much ddnene! I appreciate you being the first response and welcoming me!

Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Grunt
    Likes (Received)

Davidh,2BullyMamma, thank you so much for all your feedback. It sounds like Fromms is a Top pick here and I'm thinking of swapping Grunt when we run of of his 2 35 pound bags lol! If possible maybe you can take a closer look and compare. Its nice to meet other owners who have been there and gather advice! It's just a it over whelming. They seem to need specific food and supplementation. What about Hip and Joint Supplements? Any recommendations?
    Last edited by SgtGrunt; 11-21-2013 at 01:47 AM.

Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Grunt
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JeannieCO View Post
    Howdy and how nice to see another Coloradan. Grunt is super cute! I've never heard of that food before. Not sure where you live but over in my area there's a great pet store that's 100% non profit and they're proceeds go to canine cancer. It's called "My Buddy & Me Pet Store."

Emma's had Fromm since birth and I alternated for a bit with Earthborn when she was about a year old. She did great on the Fromm puppy. If you're close to that pet store I mentioned call them, they can order your food and they're even cheaper than anywhere online.

JeannieCO. Thank you so much for your advice. Yes I thought I should follow the breeders advice exact on food and supplement. Its my first Bull Dog!!! I live in Grand Junction CO. We took him to get his last round of vaccines to a vet. Do you know any clubs or Vets in my area who are specific to our breed?
    Thanks,

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Cheryl
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Vegas and Orion
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I have a divided house here. I feed one bully Fromm and the other Dog Lovers Gold. I've tried to switch Vegas to Fromm, but his system is so sensitive. It may take a few different foods before you find the one that works for you.

Grunt is so stinkin cute!

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by SgtGrunt View Post
    Thank you very much ddnene! I appreciate you being the first response and welcoming me!
    Absolutely!!! Welcome to the EBN family

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads