Giving Fromm's a shot

Jlambe

Aug 7, 2013
Dallas, Tx
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack Daddy
So I bought some Fromm's Beef Fritta to try out, my EB is now 7 months old and have been feeding him Kirklands puppy food( it was what the breeder fed him and he never had any issues till lately). I am hoping it will help with his gas, it has been destroying my nostrils. I was read a little about changing food for a dog. What are your personal opinions?

s5nelson

Aug 28, 2013
Gaithersburg, MD
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
I LOVE Fromm. Like LOVE LOVE LOVE the stuff. I had a Great Dane and it was the best food for gas and proper growth (if a Mastiff or a Dane grows too quickly they'll have all sorts of issues from knuckling over - where their knuckle bones grow too quickly and literally grow over the front of their toes -- to hip problems / pain during growth etc) and it has always been a fantastic food. It's not nearly as rich as some of the other foods out there (that can cause copious amounts of gas) and gives a good source of protein as well as being grain free.

Sorry, I promise to stop my sales tactics ;)

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I am willing to bet you will be happy!

I just had a bully here I was caring for and they fed her the kirkland fish. She looked great (I was surprised) , but man did she stink!!!! Not the farty smell.... she reeked of fish. I sniffed her all over thinking it was coming from her mouth.... nope. Tail pocket? Anal Glands? Nope, and nope. It was just lightly coming off her whole body even though she was just cleaned.

I love Fromm and the main reason is because in a home of 7 bullies, there is hardly any gas.

Please be aware than when you switch to do it slowly, and the gas may get worse during the switch (sorry!)

OP
Jlambe

Jlambe

Aug 7, 2013
Dallas, Tx
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack Daddy
yeah i am hoping for the best, what do you think are best steps for switching food?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
The slower the better, but normally 3 days 1/4 new 3/4 old, then 3-4 days 50/50, then 3 days of 1/4 old 3/4 new. Let us know how it goes. :up:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
Yep...love Fromm's. Dudley is doing really well on it!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
It will definitely help with the gas! Hoping it all works out well for you, good move! ;)

Vince00

Community Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Estevan, Sask
Bulldog(s) Names
Kain
Fromm all the way, if gas persists cut back on the amount a bit and try another line (no transition required). We swap all flavours with Kain but I like the salmon and surf and turf. His health, quality of coat, no tear stains on and on and on... Nothing but happy with our experience on it.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I think you will be pleased, we feed FROMM to our babies and with 7 bullies in the house, excessive gas would be a problem. Lisa has given you a great way to transition your baby over. Let us know how it goes.

Vince00

Community Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Estevan, Sask
Bulldog(s) Names
Kain
I think you will be pleased, we feed FROMM to our babies and with 7 bullies in the house, excessive gas would be a problem. Lisa has given you a great way to transition your baby over. Let us know how it goes.

7 bullies ;) that would be a handful... Dedication to this awesome breed right there!

OP
Jlambe

Jlambe

Aug 7, 2013
Dallas, Tx
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack Daddy
I received my Fromms yesterday and mixed in a 1/4 of the new food. I wish I would of video taped his reaction to the new food. He took one bite and then looked at me, and his expression was "what is this new food you are feeding me" haha he basically picked out all the new and put it on floor, ate his old food then went back to finish the new food. it was pretty funny, so I don't know if was saving the best for last, or still trying to get use to the new food.

Samantha Orts

Jul 12, 2013
TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
June
We just switched June from the Fromm puppy to the Beef Frittata. She has never had any gas before, which is surprising because everyone tried to warn us of how bad it was going to be! She's almost 6 months old, but we switched her to the all stages food to hopefully rid her of the tear stains (hoping grain free is what she needs).

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I received my Fromms yesterday and mixed in a 1/4 of the new food. I wish I would of video taped his reaction to the new food. He took one bite and then looked at me, and his expression was "what is this new food you are feeding me" haha he basically picked out all the new and put it on floor, ate his old food then went back to finish the new food. it was pretty funny, so I don't know if was saving the best for last, or still trying to get use to the new food.

That would be Bulldog OCD chiming in.... no changes, ever. :rofl: He will love it in no time

OP
Jlambe

Jlambe

Aug 7, 2013
Dallas, Tx
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack Daddy
So far everything is good with the new food, he seems to like it and everything is looking fine, stool, fur and energy

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So far everything is good with the new food, he seems to like it and everything is looking fine, stool, fur and energy

Excellent

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.