Earthborn dog food

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Thanks for the info ... I bet that nutritionist didn't expect anyone to ever ask those questions.

OP
Teresa

Teresa

Oct 30, 2010
So. Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Frederick (Fred)
I bought this one what does everyone think
Earthborn Holistic® Adult Vantage™ Natural Dog Food: Ingredients

INGREDIENTS: Chicken Meal, Oatmeal, Ground Barley, Ground Brown Rice, Rye Flour, Potatoes, Sweet Potatoes, Chicken Fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols, a source of vitamin E), Canola Oil (preserved with mixed tocopherols, a source of vitamin E), Tomato Pomace, Whitefish Meal, Ground Flaxseed, Apples, Blueberries, Carrots, Peas, Spinach, Garlic, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Taurine, L-Lysine, DL-Methionine, Glucosamine Hydrochloride, Chondroitin Sulfate, Beta-Carotene, Calcium Carbonate, Zinc Oxide, Magnesium Proteinate, Copper Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Niacin, D-Calcium Pantothenic Acid, Vitamin A Supplement, L-Carnitine, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Ascorbic Acid, Ferrous Sulfate, Biotin, Riboflavin (Vitamin B2), Thiamine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B1), Calcium Iodate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6), Vitamin D3 Supplement, Folic Acid, Manganese Proteinate, Iron Proteinate, Zinc Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Dried Lactobacillus Plantarum, Enterococcus Faecium, Lactobacillus Casei, Lactobacillus Acidophilus Fermentation Products.

Last edited:

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Yes [MENTION=4]Lindathedogsmaid[/MENTION] you DO rock. I wish I could retain just a small percentage of all that in knowledge. We are lucky to have you here thats for sure!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
[MENTION=1435]Teresa[/MENTION]

I think most of us here who have tried Fromm, Nature's Logic and Nature's Variety can all agree these are the best foods. Allergies or not. Fromm is the only one with probiotics in writing in the GUARANTEED analysis.

Nature's Logic is all natural, no man made vitamins ect.

Nature's Variety offers the Instinct- which is completely grain, potato and gluten free.

I have some small 2oz samples of Natures Logic if you wish to try them. We also have an awesome coupon in the Bully Market to try Nature's Logic for free!

OP
Teresa

Teresa

Oct 30, 2010
So. Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Frederick (Fred)
well- I just got off the phone with the nutritionist at Midwestern pet foods. and the nutritionist- refused to answer the question of - how high ,the temp of cooking and how long, he said he'd have to have someone get back to me. and yes some of the vitamins are man made,( synthetic) and yes some of the omega 3 and 6 come from flax seed, he knew that it did not absorb as good as fish oil. But said they grind it up very fine.I do not belive him. given the fact that , the other brand of food they make is pro pack, and it is full of corn, bet pulp, chicken digest(the stomach contents ) and it is --protein-- but garbage !! actually, and he did say that the meat comes form the left over human meat, which means ,
it is stuff we wouldn't eat!! because if it was good , he would have said , it is grade A human meat, and -- it is not muscle meat-- which is what good food uses-- the roasts,steaks,chops, this company is a new branch for midwestern pet foods, it has only had 5 reviews to date, and remember,--even the truth about pet foods, lists for MOST BREEDS, --- and bulldogs need better food, and better quality, it may have the same things but often - how it is even made , makes a difference!!!!
------------------------------------------------------
Earthborn Holistic Pet Food is a product of Midwestern Pet Foods. Manufacturing is in the U.S. at company owned plant. Two requests for further information sent to Earthborn Holistic Pet Food have gone unanswered. Additional pet food information will be added when/if Earthborn Pet Food responds. No response to questions of cooking time and temperature.
----------------------------------
The Earthborn Holistic Pet Food Representative stated meat ingredients are highest quality pet grade.--doesn't even start out good enough for us to eat.---
------------------------
these are the first 5 ingredients, that would be in bulk enough to count.--

Ingredients: Turkey Meal, Chicken Meal, Whitefish Meal, Potatoes, Chicken Fat
----------------------
the nutritionist also did not know what the source of the L-Carnitine, came from, AND IF HE DOESN'T -WHO DOES??
the rest of the food brands are full of --
((CORN, BEET PULP)),((( SOY, ( AS LETHACYN),,(( Rye Flour, Potatoes)),,Oatmeal, Ground Barley, Ground Brown Rice,( INGREDIENTS IN PARENTHESIS(MS) ARE CHEAP FILLERS FOR PET FOODS.
would you want to guarantee that this brand made in the same plant wouldn't have some or more of those cheap fillers in the food???? I WOULDN'T. BUT IT IS YOUR CHOICE !!!
AND I bet on further research - they have more brands, but are trying to sound natural, and healthy, for new pet owners.!

Put on the breaks I just reread all the post and replies I have to ask you, do you call ALL dog food manufactuers and the top people stop everything to talk to you ???????? Should mothers of babies call the baby food companies ??? i live close to this company I just wanted everyones advice and opinions.

Last edited:

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Put on the breaks I just reread all the post and replies I have to ask you, do you call ALL dog food manufactuers and the top people stop everything to talk to you ???????? Should mothers of babies call the baby food companies ??? i live close to this company I just wanted everyones advice and opinions.

My opinion/advice. Pet foods have far less regulation than human foods and pet food companies can be very deceptive regarding the content of their products. If you don't do the research on the foods then you really don't know where they come from and the quality. Thankfully Linda has done all the research so she shares her findings with us, she has helped me alot. I personally believe that good nutrition is key to your over well being, human or animal. With all the potential health problems with bullies I always thought it was super important to give Samson a very healthy diet, the best I could afford basically. A pound of prevention is worth an ounce of cure.

sheila

Community Veteran
Nov 28, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Butler
Should mothers of babies call the baby food companies ???

Yes. lol! I would if I had/wanted a human baby. [MENTION=574]TessaAndSamson[/MENTION] made a great point that pet food is far far far less regulated than human food (you can feed them euthanized pets). like vitamin supplements for humans, pet food companies can pretty much make any kind of claims to make us think their products are incredible. sometimes gov't regulation is good, but not often. :lol:

I would think that people at these food companies have employees available to answer our nutrition questions cause they want to be able to stand behind their product and make $$$.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I am sure that baby food is regulated closely. Especially being for babies and you know how protective the world is of that but you never know. I personally made all my baby food for my first daughter and will for my next one also. It is so easy and cheap that I cant see why anyone who has an hour extra wouldnt. I could lick my fingers when feeding her my food but something about that jarred stuff grosses me out. lol.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I agree with the above - the dog food industry is just simply not regulated to the extent that human food industries is so that's not a fair comparison however, the point is well taken. How do we know for sure certain foods are cooked at certain temperatures? How come a certain dog food with less desirable ingredients produces better results on some dogs? Does a guarantee that the probiotics on the dog food are alive REALLY matter to us or would be buy the food anyway based on other attributes or ingredients?

I think we would all like to know and understand, as best we can, EXACTLY what's going in to our dog's bodies to sustain them - and, to that end, knowledge is power. In the end, the decision on what to feed Fred is yours, [MENTION=1435]Teresa[/MENTION] - and it sounds like you've made a decision on a food that you believe is pretty good and, with a few small possible exceptions, it probably is - and it's definitely better than anything you're going to buy in the supermarket. I hope you'll keep up updated and let you know how Fred does on his food because, most times, the most powerful advertisement for a specific food is seeing great results from the dogs eating it.

OP
Teresa

Teresa

Oct 30, 2010
So. Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Frederick (Fred)
@Teresa

I think most of us here who have tried Fromm, Nature's Logic and Nature's Variety can all agree these are the best foods. Allergies or not. Fromm is the only one with probiotics in writing in the GUARANTEED analysis.

Nature's Logic is all natural, no man made vitamins ect.

Nature's Variety offers the Instinct- which is completely grain, potato and gluten free.

I have some small 2oz samples of Natures Logic if you wish to try them. We also have an awesome coupon in the Bully Market to try Nature's Logic for free!

I payed $45 for a 28 pound bag.I will return it ASAP if it is not perfect . Yes i would love samples thank you .I think you have my address for the santa paws gifts

Members online

No members online now.