Alternatives to Perscription Hills U/D

Lkane0322

Nov 27, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bailey
Hey Everyone! I have wrote before concerning my Bailey having stones and previously needing surgery. He has been on the above-refrenced food for years and my vet pushes it. It is expensive and has caused him to be obese. I want my baby living a long time so time to switch it up.

Anyone ever heard of: Nutro Max Weight Control, Avoderm Lite, Wellness Healthy Weight, or Ultra Nutro Holistic Weight Managment?

To prevent stones, Bailey needs very low protein but also low fat to keep his weight down. All the above foods meet that critera.

Thanks for any advice!

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Out of list you have there, I would say Avoderm and Wellness are the two best options. [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] feeds her bullies Avoderm and they do very well on it and I know Wellness is a very good food as well.

You can reference the Dog Food Ratings page here, which will also tell you which foods are high quality.

It will be a challenge finding a low protein food amongst the higher quality options but I am sure there is one in there. Off the top of my head, I know Natural Balance makes a vegetarian dog food option that I would guess is low in protein.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Yep, Wellness or Avoderm would be my pick :up: - stay away from Nutro! :down:

I now feed fromm natures variety or natures logic, but avoderm was the food that changed our life and way of thinking when it comes to dog food, and made me read for hours on the subject to understand food labels, ingredients, ect.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I agree with avoderm and wellness. both are high quality foods and a lot of bully owners feed them and love them.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.