Pedigree Puppy

clightfoot

Nov 7, 2013
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pepper Potts
I tend to be a food snob, but when I adopted Pepper they had her on Pedigree Puppy. I have a huge bag and aside from the dry skin (They had her covered in flea powder, omg) she seems to do really well on it. I am not a fan of Pedigree. I didn't want to adjust her food when we were just settling in.

I'm not used to dog nutrition, my cats have the stomachs of cast iron skillets, so they'll eat whatever. My Pittie...he would eat the table if I let him. I've read that Bullys have some digestive sensitivity. I really want to do right and not cause my baby any tummy issues.

What should I give her that won't break my bank account and won't destroy her belly.

For the record, I give my cats Purina One, they love it and allergy-boy does REALLY well on it. Is the dog diet as good?

Sorry for posting so much, I'm just trying to do the right things.

Oh and because its Sunday...GO PACK GO!:football:

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Crystal please don't apologize for posting too much!!! When I first found this place, I was overwhelmed with so many things that I thought I was doing right, choices we were making w/the bullies… it was like opening pandora's box :stars: I switched Winston's food because he has definite allergy issues, but if your bully is doing great than there is no reason to change. You can go to dogfoodadvisor.com to check out the food ratings and make your choices from there. I had Winston on Eukanuba before I came to EBN, and now I have him on Fromm. I'm still having issues w/soft :poo: so I'm switching around different varieties… My boxer is on Earthborn & she's doing great.

buffym

Apr 30, 2013
Allen Park, Michigan
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie, Dually (Forever in my Heart)
When I got Dually he was also on pedigree and doing great on it. Since that's what my boxers were also eating I decided to leave them on it instead of upsetting everyone's bellys. To this day they are all eating pedigree and have had no issues whatsoever. If pedigree works for your bully then don't switch. It's not a bad food just not one of the best foods and it definitely won't break your wallet!!

OP
clightfoot

clightfoot

Nov 7, 2013
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pepper Potts
Ok, I don't feel so bad now. I'm just a whore for information. If she's doing well, then I'm not gonna upset her apple cart. Her stool is perfect, right where it should be. Of course, if my toddler keeps giving her kiddo treats, its gonna be an issue! Pep's skin is still dry (Assuming it has something to do with the flea powder she was so covered in that I ended up with a reaction) so maybe just a supplement?

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Ok, I don't feel so bad now. I'm just a whore for information. If she's doing well, then I'm not gonna upset her apple cart. Her stool is perfect, right where it should be. Of course, if my toddler keeps giving her kiddo treats, its gonna be an issue! Pep's skin is still dry (Assuming it has something to do with the flea powder she was so covered in that I ended up with a reaction) so maybe just a supplement?
I give Winston the NuVet supplements...

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
If you bullie has no issues with a dog food, and is doing well on it, why mess with it? I use a supplement from Kauffman's , which is vitamins, pro-biotics, etc. They also have joint, and skin supplements. They have a website. It sounds like you just need something for dry skin. Many use salmon or ex. virgin olive oil.

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
There are a great many foods out there dry skin can be caused by diet. Sheldon and I have gone through this ourselves and I think we have finally found something that works all the way around. We get the 4Health Brand sold at Tractor Supply Company its grain free and not to bad on the bank account I paid $36 dollars for a 30 pound bag and he LOVES it for the first time he guards his food container and he WANTS to be fed now he goes and touches his food container with his nose telling me he wants his food. I LOVE IT!!!

OP
clightfoot

clightfoot

Nov 7, 2013
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pepper Potts
I looked into Pepper's diet over the last few days, and realized she isn't eating much. I took a gamble and stopped at Tractor supply (about .2 miles from my office) and quite a few people in the store told me their babies love the 4Health. I tried giving her a little and she finally seemed interested in eating. Thank goodness! If she continues to love the small bag I bought, I'll get her the bigger one.

Thanks, ladies, for pointing me toward the 4health. It looks like a GREAT food for the price!

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
I looked into Pepper's diet over the last few days, and realized she isn't eating much. I took a gamble and stopped at Tractor supply (about .2 miles from my office) and quite a few people in the store told me their babies love the 4Health. I tried giving her a little and she finally seemed interested in eating. Thank goodness! If she continues to love the small bag I bought, I'll get her the bigger one.

Thanks, ladies, for pointing me toward the 4health. It looks like a GREAT food for the price!

Sheldon loves it I was so happy to be told about it and then for it to be not only affordable but grain free and come in different flavors and not have any reactions made me want to jump up and down for joy LOL

sent from my Droid RAZR with love!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
If she is doinf well on it then I wouldn't change, but if she starts having problems, itching, turning red, or hot spots, then a change may be in order. You can also give her NuVet, or Hardy Pet complete to give her a little extra nutrition, if you like.

OP
clightfoot

clightfoot

Nov 7, 2013
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pepper Potts
I swear, I am the poster child for Murphy's Law. Her hot spot flared up yesterday, my hubby pointed out she was eating like a finicky chihuahua and we decided to try 4health.

OMG she loves it. She's gobbling it up. We're treating the hot spot again and I think I'll give her a bath. oh, and I found the trifexis I thought she took the other day. Ah, the joys of a bulldog. I love her wrinkle face.
:giggle:

luvnmymedic

May 31, 2013
Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Seven - RIP I love you
Seven was on adult Pedigree when I got him. He was allergic to it.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.