Advice on another food other than Fromm.

BullyLove143

Jan 9, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Douglas
My bully has been on Fromm beef for a year now and no suprise, it's the bet food he's been on. For the last week, he has stuck his nose up at it. Will not even eat it with other food mixed in. Any suggestions on another food?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
If Douglas is doing well on it, I'd try NOT to change it.

Both my bullies only wanted to eat any kibble warmed up(stimulates appetite
and usually w/added broth, tsp cottage cheese, a sardine~water or olive oil packed,
tsp of canned organic chicken, thick slice avocado, soft boiled egg~any one of these
or whatever he loves, as a topper. Good luck & let us know!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Douglas may be getting bored of the same food. But I agree with Carol, if he's doing well on it, I'd be hesitant to change the food entirely. What she suggested is a good plan with the food "toppers". Have you tried that yet? Right now I'm not feeding mine kibble but when I did, I would sometimes add a little bit of coconut oil into their food and they loved it.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
carol gave good advice on the added toppings, but since you are on Fromm, you can switch it up between flavors in the grain free line. I go between Beef Fritatta and Pork and Peas, but mostly stick with the PnP

OP
BullyLove143

BullyLove143

Jan 9, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Douglas
Awesome. Yeah def trying those methods :) thanks!

Sent from Stephanie and Dougie

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, I agree with everyone's comments, that it's better to stay with a food that works for Douglas, and that he tolerates. He may be bored with the flavour, but even changing to another flavour of Fromm's, could cause stomach upsets or allergies. My female Blossom is allergic to chicken, salmon, corn and grains, and we switched her foods 4 times before we found Fromm's Beef Frittata works for her, we've been feeding this food for 15 months. In the summer I decided to try the Duck and Turkey flavour to give them a change, but Blossom was allergic to it, she got red, and she got diarrhea, so we went back to the Beef. You can safely change the flavours between the Fromm brands of food, but if you change to a different brand, you have to do a slow transition, so it would be better to stay with the same food. I add warm water to my guys kibble, as I find they don't always drink enough water, and I did this since they were puppies, it makes a kind of gravy, and they love it. You could try adding water, or other toppings like others have suggested and see if he eats his food.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.