Iams dogfood

Sweetpea

Nov 5, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Grim, Sweetpea, and Princess Leia
Just wondering what thoughts are on Iams dogfood. I've always fed my dogs this and they do good with it. Just making sure it's a good food to be feeding them.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello and :welcome3: to EBN. We have a dog food ratings article that you should look at and make a decision based on the info.

Are you babies having any isues at all... soft :poo:, scratching, ear problems, stinky odor, licking -- if yes, then you may need to change foods.

I feed Fromm Pork and Peas, been through a list of foods before finding the right one for my two babies.

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
Welcome! The words above should definitely be taken into consideration. I feed Fromm's Beef Frittata to my guy and his stools have hardened up.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I have two labs that do really well on iams. The problem is we are dealing with bulldogs that have many allergies. I was feeding Brutus iams also and he tolerated it ok, I made the choice to switch him to Merrick buffalo and sweetpotato grain free. I did notice a big difference in Brutus. His coat was soft and silky, his gas was tolerable, and his poops are nice and formed and less of it. So while I think iams is ok I think for bulldogs there is better. This is just my opinion coming from someone who uses iams. Labs have a constitution of steel.

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
With regards to iams i dont know what quality of food this is but iams (eukanuba) do test on animals (look up iams eukanuba animal testing) and im not going to fill the pockets of a company that test on animals or used to test on thats stopped thanks to pets-dogs included

But that is my own opinion
I try to feed the best on my budget and often there are smaller companies that offer high meat content and grain free than the commercial companies
Great advice was already given on a dog food rating

Last edited:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Like everyone has said, it's nit that bad, but there are better out there. Check out the food rating list and see what you think.

mavsfan4life

Bullshiht-zu
May 10, 2013
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mayhem
:smileywelcome: to EBN!!! Just as @2BullyMama suggested, I would look at the dog food ratings here on the forum and make your decision based on that. I feed Mayhem Fromm Beef Frittata and he is doing well on it :)

Daisy Mae

Nov 6, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy Mae
My breeder told me not to give my bulldog Iams because it was hard for them to digest. The pet store where I buy the Royal Canine Bulldog food was closed one evening and I bought a small bag of Iams at the grocery store. Daisy Mae my bulldog, broke out almost immediately in hives about the size of quarters all over. I gave it to her again the next morning and the same thing happened so I know it was the food. Never again!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Bulldogs do best on grain free, corn free, soy & soybean oil free and sometimes
have to go potato free as prone to yeast.

TOTW Grain Free is cost effective at 30 lbs for $45 and can be found at Tractor
Supply & other stores. I use their buffalo & venison and Cami does well.

Sister's dogs were on Iam's and did well (not bulldogs) but had awful gas!

Good luck & GOD bless!

jlcox24

May 5, 2013
NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ollie
Agreed it's not the best of foods, however some dogs thrive well on not so great food...if it's working for your dog with no problems, then I personally wouldn't change it, these dogs can have so many issues that the saying "if it's not broke, don't fix it" really does apply...if he is having issues there are lots of foods out there to experiment with, I feed Tractor supply grain free 4health, its 36 dollars for 30lbs and Ollie does well on it!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.