Food change advice?

heather2084

Nov 3, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
tank
My bully its just over a year old. I got him at 7 mo and he was eating biljack at the time. It seemed hard for him to eat the little pieces abd my sister had her bully on royal canin, as was recommended to her by a vet. So I switched tank and he tolerates it well. I love that the pieces are bigger and he doesn't have food still on the sides of his mouth to wipe on my clothes when he's done eating it. I've been searching to find another food that's easy for him to pick up like royal canin is but is better for him (his flatulence has gotten awful and he's having a lot of skin irritation issues)

I'm looking at taste of the wild after reading through some posts. Will that be easy for him to pick up? Also, how to you recommend making the switch? Do you mix small amounts then gradually more until you're only giving the new food?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello and welcome to EBN..... I moved your post to it's own thread so it would get more responses.

i also tagged a few members to help with some advice.

good luck..

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
We feed ours FROMM Pork and Peas and they are doing well.

OP
heather2084

heather2084

Nov 3, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
tank
Hello and welcome to EBN..... I moved your post to it's own thread so it would get more responses.

i also tagged a few members to help with some advice.

good luck..

Thanks!!! Any and all advice is welcome. I know we all want our babies to have the best!

I should have mentioned that I'm also looking for something economical. Royal canin is running nee nearly $60/bag. No one has taste of the wild here so I found it in Amazon for $45, seems like a good deal

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Thanks!!! Any and all advice is welcome. I know we all want our babies to have the best!

I should have mentioned that I'm also looking for something economical. Royal canin is running nee nearly $60/bag. No one has taste of the wild here so I found it in Amazon for $45, seems like a good deal

I live on a budget and feed TOTW to my Cami who's doing well
on it. She likes the High Prairie Bison & Venison best and has very
little gas on it. I buy it from Tractor Supply.

Let us know how Tank does!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack

Most Reactions