The Ultimate Sourmug nycbullymama's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Iams Itestinal Plus

You've received great advice, and like others, I'd probably cut down by 1/2 a cup a day, and give just a little bit of plain yogurt. Give it at least a week and see how he's doing.

Regarding what your Vet said- he has no reason at all to tell you to put Winston on IAMS. Soft stool is very common and there's a ton you can do without going to a crappy food.

Vets recommend the flavor of the month. Whatever rep. came in that week, and "proclaimed" the benefits of their product is what the Vet is pushing. Mind you, this changes all the time as well. So next time a vet pushes a subpar product on you, ask them "how their product is better than yours. Why, in their professional opinion would you go from a food that is grain free, contains real proteins and protein meals- to a food that contains "byproducts and grains as their primary ingredients." I mean, who knows, maybe there's a reason, and if there is, I'd love to hear it.

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)

I agree with Todd. Vets will push whatever is in their best interest not the puppy. Brutus was acting up (terrible two's i'm told) and my vet said maybe he is hungry so give him 1/2 cup more food a day. Well I did and Brutus had soft liquid poops for three days after. I'm sure your pup was anxious being away from you and that was the issue. I would stick to the food he is on just a little less.

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

You have some great info above, and I would just cut back on his food a little to see if that helps. Then take the food back to your vet and get your money back. That's one thing I like about our vet, he has never tried to tell us witch food to use and never tried to push his food on use.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads