food allergy

Dana F

Jul 30, 2013
Macon, Illinois
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Petey Pete AKA "Stinky Pete"
Stinky has been TOFTW since a pup. I have been thinking about changing his food cause he stinks all the time. Even after a bath. I use ACV in his food..stainless steel bowl. Clean his folds and tail pockets every day. And nothing seems to help. My question is..when they say allergies from food..is it the meat in the food. He eats salmon...should I change it to a different meat or change and bran of food all together. Was thinking about trying Blue Buffalo.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Does he smell like corn chips? If so, that's yeast. A good antifungal shampoo will help. Also rinse with vinegar and water.

A food change may also help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Vegas was the same way, no matter what I did he stunk, I switched to Natures Variety Grain free and within 5 weeks he was smell free! It could be the meat (protein) or the filler. It wouldn't hurt to do a slow change, what do you have to loose?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
The allergy could be to anything in the food... protein, filler, grains. The thing is, food is such a journey of trial and error with our babies.
I went the easy route... full blood screen allergy test at age two.... got a good base line to know what to avoid.

TOTW has a grain free line, do a slow switch to one of those if there is a salmon based would be real good to start an elimination process

mendomama

Aug 28, 2011
Mendocino, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Uni & Boadie
It's taste of the wild! It makes all dogs stink, if you ask me. I even have a friend that can tell if you feed your dog TOTW jst by smelling your dogs farts! LOL! :w00t: It's true!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I even have a friend that can tell if you feed your dog TOTW jst by smelling your dogs farts! LOL! :w00t: It's true!

Now that is talent!!! :laugh:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.