Help Needed! Nature's Variety Instinct Limited Ingredient Lamb?

debruch

Sep 21, 2012
CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Curtis
Curtis was on NVI lamb, both dry kibble and wet, and liked the food a lot. He didn't have any digestion problems, though it did seem to cause more yeast. I have read that the tapioca in NVI may cause the yeast, though it seems to vary a lot dog to dog. We have since switched him to Acana Pacifica, which has helped with the yeast issues.

Absnova

Nov 1, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Nova
I was just wondering if Lamb is a good ingredient to feed a bulldog with food allergies? I tried the Salmon variety of this same food but Leroy kept vomiting...been trying the limited ingredient lamb for the past couple weeks as I thought it may help having less ingredients but then as I am reading on-line people are saying lamb is a really rich protein and may not be the best for bulldogs with food allergies. He has thrown up a couple times on this in the past couple of weeks but not as bad as with the salmon variety, I don't want to keep changing foods on my poor boy though :-( other than the vomiting he seems fine, playful and his stools are solid. Also after he throws up he still seems interested in eating, I am having a really hard time with this and I hate to see him uncomfortable! I also have heard that maybe the NVI foods have too much protein for some bullies and that can upset tummies as well so I am a little confused as to if this is a good food for Leroy or not. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks! You guys have helped me out in the past with issues with Leroy and I figured I would come here and see what you guys think.

We found out that the best protien for sensitive tummies is venison. It is the least complex and most pure, least processed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
Dublin is allergic to the "world":( so it has been 3 years of trial and error with food and everything else. I have both the bullies on Nutrisca Lamb and Chickpea. It is both grain and potato free. Potatoes are high glycemic food and contribute to production of yeast. I did hours and hours ( maybe days :fie:) of research as she only seemed to get worse on anything that had potato in it. They are doing great on the lamb and I do give them venison sometime and that is good also. They are on a whole host of probiotics and am trying a new series of products that were recommended to me by someone who has a bully with horrible allergies. We are into week three and it seems to be going well. It is a long process but I see good changes in Dublin. If anyone wants to PM me I can give them the website to check out. It is a laborious process and I can't say for sure if it is worth it but to me it is worth trying. So no rice, potato or any high glycemic foods. A goodly amount of veggies help as treats.

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
You hit the nail on the head looking for potato free.. We are lucky to have a great holistic pet food store here and I was like a kid in a candy store when I walked in and found they had everything I was looking for. Nutrisca lamb and chickpea is what I am using now but there are others.

xskyzx

Mar 7, 2012
houston,TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Major
I am feeding.major that right now, his poop is like pelllet and very very dry, as in it break a part . I tried theirs rabbit one and its better

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I am feeding.major that right now, his poop is like pelllet and very very dry, as in it break a part . I tried theirs rabbit one and its better

Try adding a little warm water to the food before serving - it worked well for us softening our bullies stools.

Jimmy0713

Oct 2, 2017
Miami Florida
Country
Miami fl
Bulldog(s) Names
Biggie
Curtis was on NVI lamb, both dry kibble and wet, and liked the food a lot. He didn't have any digestion problems, though it did seem to cause more yeast. I have read that the tapioca in NVI may cause the yeast, though it seems to vary a lot dog to dog. We have since switched him to Acana Pacifica, which has helped with the yeast issues.

Was that food potatoe and grain free?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.